Lash lift and tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2lashes

Reaction score
Hey,
I have just finished training on lash lifting but I am confused on a couple of things. We were taught not to wet the lashes with water or use anything oil based but at the end of the treatment we used damp cotton pads to wipe over the lashes and applied nourishing oil. Is this a bit of a contradiction? And does this affect the result of the lift?
I will add that i had my lashes worked on during the training and the result was zero lift! So I am wondering if this may be why?
Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hey! Can I ask what you was wiping off with the damp cotton pads?
I am LVL trained so it’s taught a bit different to other lash lift courses, never the less you are right-should not be using damp pads.

can I ask where you trained with? :) xx

Hey! Can I ask what you was wiping off with the damp cotton pads?
I am LVL trained so it’s taught a bit different to other lash lift courses, never the less you are right-should not be using damp pads.

can I ask where you trained with? :) xx
Hey,
Thanks for your reply. I trained with Gateway. At the end after nourishing oil was applied and shields removed, we were told to wipe with damp cotton pads. So do you think the nourishing oil might affect the result too?
Do you wipe lashes at any stage?

I agree with you that it does sound a bit contradicting especially as perms are also washed out, ie removed with water. Without water you would also struggle to remove the tint fully?
I know that some brands recommend not to get the lashes wet but we have never had any issues with our products and water or oil should not be able to change the hair structure once it is set and the treatment has been completed x

I agree with you that it does sound a bit contradicting especially as perms are also washed out, ie removed with water. Without water you would also struggle to remove the tint fully?
I know that some brands recommend not to get the lashes wet but we have never had any issues with our products and water or oil should not be able to change the hair structure once it is set and the treatment has been completed x
@wowbb thanks for your input. I am yet to try it on someone so a little nervous and would hate for the result to be what i came away with! - impossible to charge anyone that receives no lift at all! Can i ask which lift products you use? x

In LVL we use the nourishing oil to set on the lashes that are still on the shield, and then they are removed off the shield easier without force. So no damage to the lashes. All solutions that are removed off the lashes are done with a micro fibre brush. NO water x

@wowbb thanks for your input. I am yet to try it on someone so a little nervous and would hate for the result to be what i came away with! - impossible to charge anyone that receives no lift at all! Can i ask which lift products you use? x
I would maybe contact the trainer and mention your concerns so that he/she can help with this and also reassure you of the procedure to make sure you can get good results. It is a bit worrying that your lashes did not lift either so maybe mention that too! After all you have paid for the training and your educator should be able to help with these things as its all part of the training. Especially the first few times are a bit nerve wrecking and its so important to have a helping hand for things you are unsure about.

I am a bit biased as I work for flirties and its obviously a different system but our method is slightly different as you can get the lashes wet straight away and there is also no issue with oils or moisturizer and I have never had any issues x

Hey,
Thanks for your reply. I trained with Gateway. At the end after nourishing oil was applied and shields removed, we were told to wipe with damp cotton pads. So do you think the nourishing oil might affect the result too?
Do you wipe lashes at any stage?

Hi New2Lashes,

Like you I trained with Gateway Workshops not very long ago and we used eyeluvlashes. I am confused as I was also told that removal of the shield was done with a zig zag almost damp /dry cotton bud until the lashes were freed from the shield. Which products are you using?

We were also taught to do a full upper and lower lash tint ...which for me is essential as part of a full service in my opinion. My clients anyway are all long term eyelash tinters so it what they would expect from me anyway.

Very damp cotton pads were used to remove fully all traces of tint as our client is not expected to get them wet for 24 hours....so it must be removed. Our client was even encouraged to give them a good wipe themselves afterwards!!! So they are fully processed.

We used medium shields , which were disappointing....so it's small for me always from then on.

Go back through your training manual and re check just in case there's something missing from it.
Nourishing serum not oil was applied using a mascara wand to condition the lashes
If the lashes have had correct application and timings there should be no issue I always scrutinise with really strong glasses my exact application of the products.

Contact your trainer , as wowbb suggests. Mine has been brilliant with her aftercare...because lets face it some of us need a little bit more of a helping hand than maybe others. That's what they are there for.
I can always send you more information from my gateway training if you need it .
RosieR

In LVL we use the nourishing oil to set on the lashes that are still on the shield, and then they are removed off the shield easier without force. So no damage to the lashes. All solutions that are removed off the lashes are done with a micro fibre brush. NO water x
Thank you! x

I would maybe contact the trainer and mention your concerns so that he/she can help with this and also reassure you of the procedure to make sure you can get good results. It is a bit worrying that your lashes did not lift either so maybe mention that too! After all you have paid for the training and your educator should be able to help with these things as its all part of the training. Especially the first few times are a bit nerve wrecking and its so important to have a helping hand for things you are unsure about.

I am a bit biased as I work for flirties and its obviously a different system but our method is slightly different as you can get the lashes wet straight away and there is also no issue with oils or moisturizer and I have never had any issues x
Thanks @wowbb I actually did ask the trainer about this on the day and she said it was fine to use a damp cotton pad as long as it wasnt saturated. Maybe its just different brands then. I think i will try the way i was taught and try the way @Htb suggested as well. Fingers crossed!

Hi New2Lashes,

Like you I trained with Gateway Workshops not very long ago and we used eyeluvlashes. I am confused as I was also told that removal of the shield was done with a zig zag almost damp /dry cotton bud until the lashes were freed from the shield. Which products are you using?

We were also taught to do a full upper and lower lash tint ...which for me is essential as part of a full service in my opinion. My clients anyway are all long term eyelash tinters so it what they would expect from me anyway.

Very damp cotton pads were used to remove fully all traces of tint as our client is not expected to get them wet for 24 hours....so it must be removed. Our client was even encouraged to give them a good wipe themselves afterwards!!! So they are fully processed.

We used medium shields , which were disappointing....so it's small for me always from then on.

Go back through your training manual and re check just in case there's something missing from it.
Nourishing serum not oil was applied using a mascara wand to condition the lashes
If the lashes have had correct application and timings there should be no issue I always scrutinise with really strong glasses my exact application of the products.

Contact your trainer , as wowbb suggests. Mine has been brilliant with her aftercare...because lets face it some of us need a little bit more of a helping hand than maybe others. That's what they are there for.
I can always send you more information from my gateway training if you need it .
RosieR
Thanks @RosieR for your reply. We used Eye luv lashes as well. I have purchased a lit from Lash Base as their reviews sound really good. I'm sure eye luv lashes is fine but i was slightly put off with my result so didnt want to take the risk.

I did raise my concerns with my tutor on the day about using damp pads to clean lashes, she said it was fine? :confused: 3 girls in the class had the treatment and all had zero lift too. Did you get good results? Do you use that brand still on clients, if so how are the results?

thanks again for the help! x

Hi there,

yes I still use the brand that I trained in and my results are 100% perfect, everytime. Repeat bookings says it all. I trained in november and in our little group of trainees we were a little underwhelmed by the results of the day.
We kept in touch and we all decided small shields were the way forward ...even with longer lashes. One of us in the group had to have a rush job done as time was ticking away but it lifted even on 10 mins ,but was not dramatic like most clients want due to the medium shield being chosen.
I mean if they are paying all that money out they want the wow factor.
I don't yet feel I want to experiment with other products as I am finding it's an excellent lift, long lasting too!
I did a client yesterday , with a tiny bit of lift left after 11 weeks. She is chuffed to bits, and they look glam once again.
My trainer has been truly great, and responded really nicely to any questions I had. So she did look after us then and afterwards.
Hope that helps
RosieR

Hi there,

yes I still use the brand that I trained in and my results are 100% perfect, everytime. Repeat bookings says it all. I trained in november and in our little group of trainees we were a little underwhelmed by the results of the day.
We kept in touch and we all decided small shields were the way forward ...even with longer lashes. One of us in the group had to have a rush job done as time was ticking away but it lifted even on 10 mins ,but was not dramatic like most clients want due to the medium shield being chosen.
I mean if they are paying all that money out they want the wow factor.
I don't yet feel I want to experiment with other products as I am finding it's an excellent lift, long lasting too!
I did a client yesterday , with a tiny bit of lift left after 11 weeks. She is chuffed to bits, and they look glam once again.
My trainer has been truly great, and responded really nicely to any questions I had. So she did look after us then and afterwards.
Hope that helps
RosieR
That's really reassuring to hear and has eased some concerns. Thanks for the tips!

Latest posts

Back