Lash lift fail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilly Burford

Reaction score
Hiya,

I've never posted on here before but have got to the point where I want to give up doing lash lifts! I qualified in July and since being on the course I have never been able to complete a lash lift with results like what you see online.

I have used an own brand that my trainer had trained me with and salon systems and nothing is working for me.

I cleanse with miscellaneous water.
Then protein remove with witch hazel as a primer.
Stick on the shields usually medium or small - pull the lashes up all straight.
Perming solution between 10-15 minutes usually always 15.
Same with fixing solution.
Then use nourishing oil and then take off.

But I am getting hardly any lift at all and don't know what else I can do to make them lift because at the moment I feel like giving up!

Thank you in advance xxx

Try not to pull the lashes too tight up as that lifts the lid and actually changes the lift angle
Also post a couple of pictures and we might be able to help you better
I also used miscellaneous water but I read on here somewhere that it might contain a substance that prevents the lift. I don’t know if it depends on the brand or not. Try to look for similar posts like yours and I’m sure you will find it

Try Elleebana. It's the brand everyone is talking about at the moment and everyone gets great results. Obviously it's dependant on the clients lashes but I've never had a bad lift with Elleebana and you can get a sample pack at Lash Factor.

I trained in LVL with nouveau lashes- it’s fab, I would highly recommend x

I don't think it's down to the brand you use so persevere for the minute with what you have.

As asteropi says, pulling the lashes up too vigorously will change the angle at which they are fixed and give hardly any lift. Its tricky to explain but I'll try! When you're sticking the lashes to the shields, use no force to drag them up there, just press them up and over the inner lid line and over the shield. It doesn't matter if they don't come that high up the shield, the key thing is not to pull the eyelid away from the eyeball, not even a tiny bit. Once you start to see the inner rim of the upper eyelid while you're lifting the lashes onto the shield, you're knackered.

I've done this a few times before sussing out what was causing it. So I can get a fab result or a rubbish result with the same products, all depending on the angle they're glued to the shield at! Which is why I say try again with what you have without spending any more money. X

Latest posts

Back