Lash lift gone wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharon65

Reaction score
8EFA81CD-FEA9-40FE-A7BE-901A6BC5BB2B.jpeg

Attachments

• 875EB36F-B95A-42BA-8C2B-502B8C4FDC0C.jpeg
    875EB36F-B95A-42BA-8C2B-502B8C4FDC0C.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 522
Hi all, I did my lash lift training 3 weeks ago and have been using Salon System products as that’s what I used in training. I’ve had no problems with these products but felt each app was taking too long so I purchased Elleebana products and used for the first time on Friday, I had one client with very long lashes who had to much of a curl, but I now know with hindsight I should have used the larger silicone curler. However now this client has sent me these pics today and I’m not sure what’s happened ‍♀️

This was straight after the lash lift
0d4bf93e5737e2d46174713ed214ce30.jpg

Do they sleep on their face? Very weird as the lift you did looks fine, have they got their lashes wet or rubbed their eyes during the 24 hour setting period?

Do they sleep on their face? Very weird as the lift you did looks fine, have they got their lashes wet or rubbed their eyes during the 24 hour setting period?

Thanks for your reply. This is what I don’t know, the lashes were fine when they left the clinic, I did them on Friday and she sent a message with the pics today. I’m just concerned because I had no problems with the Salon system and this was my first day using the Elleebana, I really liked it because the lifting and fixing lotions are white instead of bright pink and blue and it was much quicker which meant I could spend more time making sure the lashes were fixed onto the curler properly. I asked her to come in tomorrow for me to have a look and try relaxing them but she’s working and can’t come in until Thursday

Last edited:
They look over processed, did you make sure all solution was cleaned off with wet cotton wool, or they could have slept on that side making the lashes do that, I have one client who now uses an eye mask to sleep in for that reason..

Yes I wondered if they were over processed although I am very careful about making sure all the solution is cleaned off and use damp cotton wool pads to wipe them, so I’m really not sure, it has knocked my confidence a bit because every lash lift I’ve done over the last couple of weeks have all turned out okay, then I changed product and this has happened

It could be over processed too? But ask these questions as a process of elimination, if they are over processed it’s not a good idea to use lift again till they have grown out, maybe some nourish lotion and constant combing and twirling of lashes with mascara wand to get them really moisturized, and maybe clear mascara to hold them in straighter position

How long did you leave the solutions on for?

How long did you leave the solutions on for?

When I use salon system I leave on for 15 and 15 and 5 for tint, I used Elleebana and left on for 7 and 5 and 5
I’m just not getting good results with the Elleebana, I also feel with it that the lashes are very wet when it’s done.
I like salon system, not had any problems with it, I just wanted something a bit quicker and Elleebana was recommended

7 is long for the first lift. I’d recommend 6.
I use lifting and setting only and usually 6 and 5 depending upon the lashes.
I dry the lashes at the end before showing my client so show how separated and fluffy they are.
Why do you feel they are wetter?
IMG_4935_Facetune_02-11-2018-22-03-47.JPG
IMG_4942_Facetune_02-11-2018-22-47-41.JPG

This is 6, 5, 5 but I’ll reduce it next time.

7 is long for the first lift. I’d recommend 6.
I use lifting and setting only and usually 6 and 5 depending upon the lashes.
I dry the lashes at the end before showing my client so show how separated and fluffy they are.
Why do you feel they are wetter? View attachment 208250View attachment 208251
This is 6, 5, 5 but I’ll reduce it next time.

When I take the tint off I use barely damp cotton pads, the lashes appear very wet compared to when I use the salon system, I’m not sure why.
How do you dry the lashes? I use the damp cotton pad and then a dry one but if the lashes are thick they don’t seem to dry.

When I take the tint off I use barely damp cotton pads, the lashes appear very wet compared to when I use the salon system, I’m not sure why.
How do you dry the lashes? I use the damp cotton pad and then a dry one but if the lashes are thick they don’t seem to dry.

I do the same as you and just give them a few minutes and keep combing them through. I always ask my client to take a few minutes before I help her to sit up and by that time they are mostly dry.

You can get little battery powered lash driers

I do the same as you and just give them a few minutes and keep combing them through. I always ask my client to take a few minutes before I help her to sit up and by that time they are mostly dry.

You can get little battery powered lash driers

Thank you, I’ll look into the lash driers

Following this post and commenting earlier, and it never happened before in the 25 years I’ve been doing perms and lifts, it happened to me using ellebana, the lift was perfect, but client rubbed her eyes just after treatment, and this happened to me, I think in a process of elimination the lift stays unset for a while and needs to be TOTALLY untouched apart from combing for the 24 hours, so probably your client slept on lashes or rubbed eyes

Following this post and commenting earlier, and it never happened before in the 25 years I’ve been doing perms and lifts, it happened to me using ellebana, the lift was perfect, but client rubbed her eyes just after treatment, and this happened to me, I think in a process of elimination the lift stays unset for a while and needs to be TOTALLY untouched apart from combing for the 24 hours, so probably your client slept on lashes or rubbed eyes

I think I’ve just decided I don’t like Elleebana and I’m sticking with Salon System for now, takes longer but I would rather have perfect lifts like I’m getting with this product than running the risk of unhappy clients just to save some time x

Hi I’ve just passed my lash lifting course I’ve trained with eyeluvlashes brand n have performed few lifts but haven’t seen good results! Does anyone recommend any other brands which are good? thank you

Hi I’ve just passed my lash lifting course I’ve trained with eyeluvlashes brand n have performed few lifts but haven’t seen good results! Does anyone recommend any other brands which are good? thank you
I always get good results with flirties. You can also order free samples to try before you commit

Brilliant! Thank you so much

Latest posts

Back