Lash lift gone wrong!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophie Broadway

Reaction score
Hi all!

Tonight I did a lash lift on a client who had lovely medium/long lashes however the end result wasn’t as expected.

I use lash base and wait 15 mins on each product and I also used a small shield as she wanted a dramatic look.

However when taking the shields of I noted the lashes weren’t that lifted and the end result wasn’t great.

She said nothing and she said she liked them but I can’t help but feel guilty.

Can anyone give me some advice on what might have gone wrong?!

58dc66729de4858a0e97e5fdc20f57c6.jpg

Looks like maybe your shield wasn't close enough to lash line ?

Looks like maybe your shield wasn't close enough to lash line ?

Do you think? I’m really struggling with doing it! Do you have any tips?

Don't worry everyone is the same and then one day it will click. You need to generally close to lash line, if their skin is a bit lose don't be afraid to pull it up so you can stick shield on.

Was your shield really close to the lash line? Did you put enough of the solutions on?

Was your shield really close to the lash line? Did you put enough of the solutions on?

I tried to get as close as I could.

And I used about half a packet of each solution. I was told I could get 2 uses out of sachet

I tried to get as close as I could.

And I used about half a packet of each solution. I was told I could get 2 uses out of sachet

When you put the solutions on did you put them nice and close to the lash line?

Sorry for 20 questions just trying to trouble shoot!

When you put the solutions on did you put them nice and close to the lash line?

Sorry for 20 questions just trying to trouble shoot!

Yes the second time round I did! And I got a slight lift but still not as dramatic[emoji20] in my training my lift was amazing and I thought I’d be ok but clearly not

Yes the second time round I did! And I got a slight lift but still not as dramatic[emoji20] in my training my lift was amazing and I thought I’d be ok but clearly not

How did you prep the lashes before the lift?

I find if the client has loose skin on their lid if I use tape and pull it up and taut it really helps fit the shield on. Also trimming the ends so it’s not too long and also bending it with your fingers so it curves and fits the eye better, that all helps to get it closer to the lash line :)

I used a make up remover and protein wipe from LashBase x

This is where you might be going wrong! I despise those wipes for lash lifting, I use them for extensions so gave them a go for a few lash lifts and my lifts didn’t turn out that great. I usually just use a bit of make up remover on a damp cotton pad and that’s enough for the lift :)

Always take photos of the process - it really helps when reviewing your results.
My guess is you didn’t ‘lift’ enough!
Pull up right from the root/base of the lash and be sure they are not off to one side - get them straight up on that shield.
How they are positioned is EVERYTHING.
Also make sure your perm lotion/lifting product is taken right down to where the bend/ curve of the shield/rod starts!

This is where you might be going wrong! I despise those wipes for lash lifting, I use them for extensions so gave them a go for a few lash lifts and my lifts didn’t turn out that great. I usually just use a bit of make up remover on a damp cotton pad and that’s enough for the lift :)

Thank you! I’ll give it a try x

Latest posts

Back