Lash lift help driving me mad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vickyb1983

Reaction score
I’ve been doing lash lifts for 4 months now and very popular treatment. I get amazing results using lash base products following the procedure accurately but whenever clients come back after 6 weeks their lashes look quite honestly frazzled and ruined. All different directions and hooked on some of the ends. They don’t look like this on the first time I do them just when they come back. What could be the problem ? I leave solution for 15 mind each

Lashes appear frizzy and crimped as a result of the lash lift drying them out. You need to be offering your clients a lash balm or a conditioning serum. We use the Refectocil Long Lash Balm and include it in our treatment price. They need to be using a conditioning lash product daily. Think of it like coloured/permed/treated hair, it needs a hair conditioner! Also they are more than likely not following their correct aftercare and this could be the reason for the lashes pointing different directions!

Lashes appear frizzy and crimped as a result of the lash lift drying them out. You need to be offering your clients a lash balm or a conditioning serum. We use the Refectocil Long Lash Balm and include it in our treatment price. They need to be using a conditioning lash product daily. Think of it like coloured/permed/treated hair, it needs a hair conditioner! Also they are more than likely not following their correct aftercare and this could be the reason for the lashes pointing different directions!

Thankyou, would you recommend to leave them alone and not re do until they have gone back to normal? And what aftercare do You suggest ? I always say no heat treatments or hot environments

Isn’t this just part of the growth cycle of the lashes?
The tips of the lashes don’t have solutions on them do don’t be over processed

I’ve been doing lash lifts for 4 months now and very popular treatment. I get amazing results using lash base products following the procedure accurately but whenever clients come back after 6 weeks their lashes look quite honestly frazzled and ruined. All different directions and hooked on some of the ends. They don’t look like this on the first time I do them just when they come back. What could be the problem ? I leave solution for 15 mind each
They can look a bit messy as new hairs grow through straight, some are still permed.

Are you making sure you only place the product at the base of the lashes? Sometimes they can look frazzled because they have been over-processed, or because they tips of the lashes have got solution on them, or sometimes it's just the growth cycle.
I use Elleebana and they have nourishers already in the solutions so no need for a separate conditioning sachet :)

Yep they do look a bit messier as the weeks go by. I find my clients that really look after their lashes it doesn’t happen to as much. Aftercare is just really simple, no water AT ALL for 24hrs and do not touch, rub or manipulate the lashes! Very important to be using a lash conditioner too, this keeps the lashes moisturised and healthy. One thing I’ve come to notice with clients is “in one ear out the other” I have had to physically give them a print out with the aftercare instructions in black and white because people just do not listen! Unfortunately once they leave there’s very little you can do about their aftercare, it’s up to them.

Latest posts

Back