Lash lift help - isn’t working

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy Affric

Reaction score
ive recently trained in lash lifting (to try something completely new)
I wasn’t 100% impressed with the training but I am confident I know how to do the process. However, when practicing I haven’t got the results I’d like, they don’t seem as lifted as they should.
(I have had this done on myself and my lashes appear long, lifted and I love the result)!

• I am leaving the solutions on for 13/14 mins each-only applying to the roots.
  • I am covering the eyes to keep heat in.
  • I am using medium sheilds for most people. As we got told on the course but that these would give the best results.

Any help on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

ive recently trained in lash lifting (to try something completely new)
I wasn’t 100% impressed with the training but I am confident I know how to do the process. However, when practicing I haven’t got the results I’d like, they don’t seem as lifted as they should.
(I have had this done on myself and my lashes appear long, lifted and I love the result)!

• I am leaving the solutions on for 13/14 mins each-only applying to the roots.
  • I am covering the eyes to keep heat in.
  • I am using medium sheilds for most people. As we got told on the course but that these would give the best results.

Any help on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

Do you prime the lashes? Is the shield as close to the lash line as possible? Medium shield isn' always best. You need to choose depending on how long the lashes are and how dramatic lift they like. Can you get a picture of shield placement and also pics when you have applied the solutions? We can probably advise you better then ☺

Guessing your using salon systems. I had to leave on for 15mins to get results, make sure you cover well, and out plenty solution on. I've moved to elleebana now with much better results.

Test out different shields. Some I have used do small, med, and large but don’t have a “ bump” to them to make them curve right. Medium is not always best for everybody like subo said :). I’ve tried different lines of product too ... not all take 15 min to do for each solution

9a9e084b30f25dd295e890512637e4c2.jpg
here’s pics of my lash lift steps.
I agree a medium shield is not always best. I’ve tried a few different brands and have settled on Elleebana due to their consistent results and reduced treatment time.

I'm having problems too with this treatment. I've recently trained and use salon systems products. Did my friends tonight (she's been going to a salon to get them done for over a year but as I've trained she sed she'd rather use me) but they've hardly curled compared to how they usually turn out on her? I've followed my instructions, left the products on for the right amount of time, taken everything off as I should, and they just don't seem too curled? The girl she normally goes to uses ss too, I don't know where I'm going wrong. Feel very disheartened now.

Attachments

• IMG-20180423-WA0010.jpeg
    IMG-20180423-WA0010.jpeg
    987.9 KB · Views: 254
Hey guysm I've also recently trained on this. My model of the course looked lovely. My lashes are really lifted up. But no one I've done it in seems to have the same uplift as I found in the course. I

I'm using the same products and followobg the instructions and used only the small sheilds so far.

Maybe applying too much adhesive it creates a barrier

Maybe applying too much adhesive it creates a barrier
I thought that, so my client yesterday. I made sure to use as little glue as possible and layer a shit tonne of product on. It lifted nice on one eye but not the other. I saw her today briefly and I wasn't like oh wow look at them lashes.

Luckily I'm doing them free atm as I've just trained and want to practice.

But I'm getting really annoyed that I can't do it even though I follow everusteo correctly.

I'm having problems too with this treatment. I've recently trained and use salon systems products. Did my friends tonight (she's been going to a salon to get them done for over a year but as I've trained she sed she'd rather use me) but they've hardly curled compared to how they usually turn out on her? I've followed my instructions, left the products on for the right amount of time, taken everything off as I should, and they just don't seem too curled? The girl she normally goes to uses ss too, I don't know where I'm going wrong. Feel very disheartened now.
I'm feeling the same. I do everything I was trained to do and when I take them off it's like "oh, they are alright"

I'm feeling the same. I do everything I was trained to do and when I take them off it's like "oh, they are alright"

I did another friend just over a week ago and they looked 'ok' wen I did them. She was pleased. But then when I saw her today it was like it had mostly dropped out. Wish I knew why...

I did another friend just over a week ago and they looked 'ok' wen I did them. She was pleased. But then when I saw her today it was like it had mostly dropped out. Wish I knew why...
That's exactly what I'm finding. At first they look "ok...not mind blowing" then when they send me pics I think. I swear they've dropped.

I'm gonna contact my training academy and get some idea. I used the same brand and method during training and I did an amazing lift on my model, I couldn't stop looking. And mine now even tho they shoot up at a 90° angle, they look striking. Which is what I wanna do for my clients.

I feel very disheartened.

That's exactly what I'm finding. At first they look "ok...not mind blowing" then when they send me pics I think. I swear they've dropped.

I'm gonna contact my training academy and get some idea. I used the same brand and method during training and I did an amazing lift on my model, I couldn't stop looking. And mine now even tho they shoot up at a 90° angle, they look striking. Which is what I wanna do for my clients.

I feel very disheartened.

Me too hun. Knocks your confidence doesn't it. Let me know if you get any answers from your training academy. I'll contact mine too

Are you leaving solution on long enough for that client . you need to take into account the thickness of the lash

Are you leaving solution on long enough for that client . you need to take into account the thickness of the lash
The maximum time for the product I use is 15 minutes which is how long I leave it on for on the clients I've done as they have long thick lashes.

I had some disappointing lifts at first but I discovered what I’d been doing wrong and it wasn’t about timings or brands. I would follow all the steps and then the lift wouldn’t be that great.

It’s very tempting, when placing the lashes onto the shield, to give them a bit of a pull, obv not enough to hurt the client!! But enough to kind of drag them up and over the shield, esp if the lashes aren’t mega long, and then you’ve got a bit more length laying on the shield BUT this was my fatal mistake because in pulling them, you slightly out-turn the eyelid itself, which then changes the angle at which you’re fixing your lashes, and it’s actually a lesser lift and doesn’t look as good. I hope I’m making sense lol

So essentially, my advice would be... once the shield is on and placed as close to the lashline as you can (I now trim the shields with manicure scissors as I find people’s eye shape varies so much) get your glue on the shields and then place a finger on the shield, just to make sure you don’t lift it at all, you want the whole eyelid to stay exactly as it is and not lift it away from the eyeball whatsoever - and use your tool to stick the lashes to the shield with your other hand.

Even if the lashes don’t come very far up the shield, this gives a better lift than dragging them up so it looks like you’ve got more to work with.

I trained with Salon Systems in 2016 and do so many lash lifts now, it’s really popular, although I now use lash base products. This particular problem wasn’t mentioned on the course and I feel it should be.... I had to suss it out myself.

Maybe this isn’t your particular problem but if it is I really hope it helps! xx

I had some disappointing lifts at first but I discovered what I’d been doing wrong and it wasn’t about timings or brands. I would follow all the steps and then the lift wouldn’t be that great.

It’s very tempting, when placing the lashes onto the shield, to give them a bit of a pull, obv not enough to hurt the client!! But enough to kind of drag them up and over the shield, esp if the lashes aren’t mega long, and then you’ve got a bit more length laying on the shield BUT this was my fatal mistake because in pulling them, you slightly out-turn the eyelid itself, which then changes the angle at which you’re fixing your lashes, and it’s actually a lesser lift and doesn’t look as good. I hope I’m making sense lol

So essentially, my advice would be... once the shield is on and placed as close to the lashline as you can (I now trim the shields with manicure scissors as I find people’s eye shape varies so much) get your glue on the shields and then place a finger on the shield, just to make sure you don’t lift it at all, you want the whole eyelid to stay exactly as it is and not lift it away from the eyeball whatsoever - and use your tool to stick the lashes to the shield with your other hand.

Even if the lashes don’t come very far up the shield, this gives a better lift than dragging them up so it looks like you’ve got more to work with.

I trained with Salon Systems in 2016 and do so many lash lifts now, it’s really popular, although I now use lash base products. This particular problem wasn’t mentioned on the course and I feel it should be.... I had to suss it out myself.

Maybe this isn’t your particular problem but if it is I really hope it helps! xx
Oh this is very interesting. Hard to get exactly what you mean, can I run by what I do and see if im making that mistake?

So I have been applying the shield as close to the lashes as possible then when I stick the lashes down I apply a little pressure downward (is in toward the nose, not downward on the eyeball) on the shield so I don't lift the eyelid open slightly.

I apply product to the very bottom on the Sheild (I did wonder if I maybe should be getting right under, like right on where the roots are. ( Yet I worry about getting product in the eye.

When I did my training everyone's lashes were massive. Mine point straight up at 90° which I realise isn't a good look. But they are lifted [emoji23]

When I did my model. There was a gap where I didn't stick the pad close enough to the lashes. But her lift was beautiful.

Ahhh lightbulb moment !!! That’s where I’m goin wrong !! Thks so much x

9a9e084b30f25dd295e890512637e4c2.jpg
here’s pics of my lash lift steps.
I agree a medium shield is not always best. I’ve tried a few different brands and have settled on Elleebana due to their consistent results and reduced treatment time.

That looks a decent lift in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back