Lash lift help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty bits

Reaction score
Hi I had a terrible lift today, my ladies lashes hardly lifted. She's asked if I can do them again but I can't think how long before I can do another treatment. I know it lasts 6 to 8 weeks but my training never said if you can redo the lift for a better effect before this time. I'm using salon systems x

Did you leave perming and setting lotion on for exactly 15minutes?
How old are your bottles also?
You can not re-do the lashes straight after as you can over process your lashes which would fry them :-(
Xx

Hi thanks for the reply. I left both on for 13 mins each, my trainer said 12-15 mins but mostly 12. I only recently brought them and first opened them 9 days ago. How long should I wait before redoing them please? I would love to book her back in to show how good the treatment is. Also do you think the extra 2 minutes development time would be enough to lift these lashes? They really didn't lift well at all x

Interested in replies on whether it's possible to re-do before the 6-8 weeks

Hi I've got a lady that I've done the lift on twice. Both times she left the salon it was fine and both times she has messaged me 2 weeks later saying it has dropped. I'm really not sure what's going on but I have redone them on both these occasions within 2 weeks of doing them originally. Her lashes are not damaged.
I can't work out whats going on but it is annoying me a bit as the second time I basically re do the whole process and she doesn't pay me. First time I didn't mind but second time I'm now thinking it may not be something I'm doing but rather something like her lashes just won't take?
Anyway for the original question here, I have applied the lash lift products within 2 weeks of doing them originally and had no problems with lash quality. Xx

Hi I had a terrible lift today, my ladies lashes hardly lifted. She's asked if I can do them again but I can't think how long before I can do another treatment. I know it lasts 6 to 8 weeks but my training never said if you can redo the lift for a better effect before this time. I'm using salon systems x
Hi I'm having the same problem... my lifts aren't good st all!
I am using salon system too
The company that I trained with didn't say you can't redo them before 6-8 weeks but thinking about it you need to leave the lashes to have their cycle.

Thanks for the replies, I phoned my training company and they said to wait for 6 weeks, so will do that and hope Her next lift is better x

I was to.d pink cream 15 mins blue 10 mins then always do a tint as without the tint its not as wow so factor a "free tint" into your price so they only have it with a tint x

Just in case anyone has the same I phoned my training provider who said 6 weeks before attempting another lift x

I'm trained in LVL and my information was that you could lift again after 2 weeks if need be, but not before.

When doing your lash lift do you apply cling film during each solution? This enhances the process.

I've never heard of using cling film [emoji15]

I've never heard of using cling film [emoji15]
It creates an occlusion effect so creates heat in which the cuticle of the hair opens and absorbs the product better xxx

Have you a photo to show exactly how you place it?

No sorry. You literally just place it over the eyes almost like an eye mask xxx

We were told on our course that some cling films melt against the products [emoji33]

Doubtless some are ok but how would you know which ones were?

We were told on our course that some cling films melt against the products [emoji33]

Doubtless some are ok but how would you know which ones were?
Oh I wouldn't know lovely as was never told that and it's never happened too me xxx

Oh I wouldn't know lovely as was never told that and it's never happened too me xxx
Can you tell us which one you use then we'll know it's ok!!?! X

Can you tell us which one you use then we'll know it's ok!!?! X
I use any no specific one! Just whichever I grab at the supermarket

When i did my training i was told not to do it before 6 weeks as it can over process the lashes, frizz and damage them. But you also should wait for the clients lash cycle aswell.
I use lash base lash lift products and cant fault them at all. In the salon i work in she uses salon system and some clients have mentioned they have dropped quiet quick. But to be honest they wont stay as upright as they were when they were done as your lashes will be growimg out anyway.
Lash base come in sachets an salon system use little pots. Another therapist mentioned to me, which makes sense, with the bottled products once you have broke the seal and opened them they will become less an less affective as time goes on the more an more you let air get to it....which would kind of make sense if the clients lashes arent holding out an your only, say, half way through a bottle?.
As much as the sachets are a pain, i can sometimes get 3 clients out of 1 sachet, ive not had one problem with clients lashes dropping, however, in the salon i work in who use salon system. We have had a few clients say they have not lasted aslong as it shouldve xxx

Latest posts

Back