Lash lift help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vibrancegrl

Reaction score
I've been doing lash perms with rods for years but am wanting to switch to lifting using the silicon pads and clear glue.

Here's where I find it tricky and need advice.... sometimes my clients eyes water and it's makes the glue runny so the lashes come off the pads and sometimes the solution is getting in their eyes. What do I do here? Common sense says to remove pads and rinse solution out of eyes, but how does that affect the half processed lashes? How do you carry on to complete the treatment after emergency rinsing?

3 other questions:
- can I use the white perm glue on the silicon pads instead of the clear water soluble glue?

- is there an easy way to tell if the first lifting solution has processed long enough before finding out at the end that you should've left it on longer?
Can you repeat the process again in the same appointment?

- I have a client coming back tomorrow to have a second lift as she's not happy with the level of lift we got 2 days ago. Is it bad for her lashes to do a lifts only 3 days apart?

Thank you - Nicole

Ps I use Wimpernwelle products and Ellebana lift glue

sometimes my clients eyes water and it's makes the glue runny so the lashes come off the pads and sometimes the solution is getting in their eyes.

I'm not sure what you mean here... If the eyes water, surely that runs down towards the cheeks, not up towards the lift shield? Maybe you need to adjust the angle of your couch so gravity helps you. Or perhaps your products are too close to the waterline. I don't apply the product right on the root, it's too irritating. I can see how this would cause product to go into the eye.

QUOTE="vibrancegrl, post: 2684689, member: 57030"]
can I use the white perm glue on the silicon pads instead of the clear water soluble glue?
[/QUOTE]

I think you would need to ask Ellebana. I use lash bomb clear glue for both shields and rods.

is there an easy way to tell if the first lifting solution has processed long enough before finding out at the end that you should've left it on longer?
Can you repeat the process again in the same appointment?
[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can tell until right at the end. But judging the thickness and condition of the lashes should help you decide on the processing times. I would say no don't repeat. You would have to do everything again, including a really good clean to get rid of any nourishing oil. It's going to be a double-appointment.

Is it bad for her lashes to do a lifts only 3 days apart?
[/QUOTE]

YES. You will need to check with the manufacturer. I was told that you can only lift once every 8 weeks. You don't want to over-process her lashes. It's not pretty.

Latest posts

Back