Lash lift help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tashhasniceeyes

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m really struggling with applying the shields and achieving a lift.
I’m not quite sure what I’m doing wrong but it’s definitely not working out for me at the moment.

Some shields and lashes just don’t stick etc.

ANY tips would be appreciated

What products are you using?

If the shields and lashes are not sticking are you applying the adhesive and letting it go tacky first before applying it?

Im having the same issues....i end up having to apply more and more glue.

Am i not preping right? Is it my shields?

Im at a loss

Let the glue ‘sit’ for s bit, then when it’s tacky, start placing them on the shield.
You might want to do the placement in sections.... ie start on the outer lashes first - apply the glue, lift those lashes and when they’re nice and separated, apply some glue to the middle section - lift those lashes and then finally the inner lashes ....
You will find a new glue will be quite fluid, and as it ages, will become more tacky...!

Things to try:

Applying the glue to only the shield rather than the eyelid, give it a bit of time and put it on (this one is good if eyelids are very hooded and lashes stick to the eyelid before you’ve got the shield down.

Apply to lid and while letting it air dry briefly to go tacky apply it to the shield. Wait again and then place it.

Apply it to both and hold it down gently til it sticks.

Ask the client to put a tiny bit of pressure on the shield while you work on the other one, guide her fingers to it. They have two spare hands - use them :) just hold shield when they let go in case they get a bit of glue on them and they stick to it enough to pull the shield off a bit.

Once you’ve got them on, even if they aren’t sticking completely, once the lashes are glued up it will stay down well anyway.

All else fails, continue, be patient. You would be better off spending 15mins getting the shields on before doing the service than doing a sloppy job of it and doing it quickly.

Latest posts

Back