Lash lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharon65

Reaction score
Just wondered why these lashes and lashes like them didn’t lift as well as others? The lashes were in great condition and really thick, could it be that the lifting lotion hasn’t broken the hair down enough? Should I leave it on longer because they are so thick?
feeb1577ce9b8769533685bd9bc01452.jpg

They look very lifted to me!? She has downwards pointed lashes so if you look at the change from before to after there is a huge difference. If you have clients with a slight curve you are naturally going to notice a stronger upward curve after the set but for someone with strong and downward pointed lashes this is a really lovely result!

They look very lifted to me!? She has downwards pointed lashes so if you look at the change from before to after there is a huge difference. If you have clients with a slight curve you are naturally going to notice a stronger upward curve after the set but for someone with strong and downward pointed lashes this is a really lovely result!

Thank you so much for this, I was thinking they should be more lifted than what they are so this is good news xx

Yes sometimes the results can seem a bit disappointing but if you look at the difference from before and after I think there is great lift.
Depending on the system you use you could try leaving it a bit longer to develop or using a different shield which can also make a difference.

Just a thought, is this the first lift on this particular client?

Yes sometimes the results can seem a bit disappointing but if you look at the difference from before and after I think there is great lift.
Depending on the system you use you could try leaving it a bit longer to develop or using a different shield which can also make a difference.

Just a thought, is this the first lift on this particular client?

Her lashes were very long so I used a large shield, think the medium would have ended up too curly. I use salon system, I did use Elleebana for a while but I didn’t like it at all so went back to salon system as I’ve never had a problem. Not the first lift the client has had but the first one with me, she was happy and said it was better than the lift she had before but I just felt it could have been a better lift x

At least it sounds like your client is happy! I have got quite stroppy lashes myself and they always take a bit more convincing than others ;)
Not sure about salon system but when you apply the lotion try and really press it into the lashes at the base so that the solution can work there x

At least it sounds like your client is happy! I have got quite stroppy lashes myself and they always take a bit more convincing than others ;)
Not sure about salon system but when you apply the lotion try and really press it into the lashes at the base so that the solution can work there x

I will do, thank you for your advice, will try that next time x

I use small shields on most of my clients and they really lift, I’ve never had them go curly, try a smaller sheild x

3bdd8976c54cb7f0e83e358515789a21.jpg

This is a small shield Lift

Yeah, Id say use a smaller shield. It took me a while to get the confidence to do so but I find I get a better result if I do.

They won’t go curly as you’re only applying the solutions on the bottom of the lashes.
These are long lashes on a small shield
da4cce2a6e2912e3467eb40ee707bb5f.jpg

d7a211424381a64781e84611b50b4fa8.jpg

does that mean a small or larger sheild ?
thanks

They won’t go curly as you’re only applying the solutions on the bottom of the lashes.
These are long lashes on a small shield
da4cce2a6e2912e3467eb40ee707bb5f.jpg

d7a211424381a64781e84611b50b4fa8.jpg

Wow!!! I thought if I used a smaller shield on long lashes they would curl inwards? I had used Elleebana for a bit and had a client with long lashes that I used a medium shield on, and they curled inwards, I initially thought it was because I should have used a large shield but having used Elleebana a few times with poor results it may have been the product?

Wow!!! I thought if I used a smaller shield on long lashes they would curl inwards? I had used Elleebana for a bit and had a client with long lashes that I used a medium shield on, and they curled inwards, I initially thought it was because I should have used a large shield but having used Elleebana a few times with poor results it may have been the product?

40ef84b5ff2337fe6b08837aac978f97.jpg

This is a client from yesterday with long lashes but I used a medium and got a great result.

40ef84b5ff2337fe6b08837aac978f97.jpg

This is a client from yesterday with long lashes but I used a medium and got a great result.

That’s a lovely lift.
It’s Elleebana I use but it’s been a game changer for me, I love it.
I use both rods and shields depending upon eye shape and what the client wants. Most of mine like a dramatic look so I opt for the small shield.

That’s a lovely lift.
I use both rods and shields depending upon eye shape and what the client wants. Most of mine like a dramatic look so I opt for the small shield.

How long do you leave both stages of the Elleebana on for? X

How long do you leave both stages of the Elleebana on for? X

It depends how n the lashes and how many appointments they’ve had.
If it’s a first appointment and they have ok lashes then 6 and 5 mins

Her lashes were very long so I used a large shield, think the medium would have ended up too curly. I use salon system, I did use Elleebana for a while but I didn’t like it at all so went back to salon system as I’ve never had a problem. Not the first lift the client has had but the first one with me, she was happy and said it was better than the lift she had before but I just felt it could have been a better lift x
Can I ask why you do not use Ellebanna anymore? I'm using it right now and love the two step system but I have noticed with a few clients that after a few wks or so their lashes are frizzy. They are bent and frizzy and crazy looking! I've never had good problem before. I've read that it could be because I'm not cleaning throughly and they are continuing to process after I've cleansed them. I'm waiting to see my sister's results, as I just did her and really thoroughly cleansed them. Did you ever have this problem? What products do you use now and how many steps is it? Thanks so much!

That’s a lovely lift.
I use Elleebana too and was loving it but I've noticed on a few of my clients that after a few wks their lashes are frizzy and bent and tangled looking. I thought maybe I wasn't cleansing thoroughly and made sure I was but still noticed it on one client and am completely puzzled! Have you ever had this happen?

I use Elleebana too and was loving it but I've noticed on a few of my clients that after a few wks their lashes are frizzy and bent and tangled looking. I thought maybe I wasn't cleansing thoroughly and made sure I was but still noticed it on one client and am completely puzzled! Have you ever had this happen?

Yes!!! A few times, and I’m thorough when cleansing so I don’t think it was that. I was finding that it was making some of my clients lashes floppy and curled back on themselves, one client ended up with very messy lashes, tangled and bent so I stopped using it. I went back to salon system which is what I trained with and I’ve never had a problem with. The only thing I don’t like about it is the time it takes for each stage x

Yes!!! A few times, and I’m thorough when cleansing so I don’t think it was that. I was finding that it was making some of my clients lashes floppy and curled back on themselves, one client ended up with very messy lashes, tangled and bent so I stopped using it. I went back to salon system which is what I trained with and I’ve never had a problem with. The only thing I don’t like about it is the time it takes for each stage x
Thank you so much! I've talked with several other girls and they said the same thing! I think I'm going to go with "lash stuff" because it's still a 2 step process and it comes with a conditioner for the lashes. I liked Elleebana too because of the short 2 step process but lash stuff is almost the same and if it gives me better results I'm good with that! Thank you and great of luck tho you! [emoji171]

Latest posts

Back