Lash lift help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nessi-66

Reaction score
I have just qualified in lash lift and have chosen lash bomb products which I’m really happy with. I was taught to apply the product to the curve part of the shield part way up from the root, getting great results, however a friend of mine did my lashes and put the product in the root and almost over the whole lash. I felt this was wrong. What does everyone else do? Thank you. X

I put it mostly toward the middle and a tiny bit toward the root, avoiding the tips of the lashes as much as possible as I was taught they can burn off.

I do from root to about half way up

If someone has teeny weeny lashes I always put it the whole lash as I don’t have time to redo them, they need all the help they can get.

Generally speaking a good 2/3 of the lash. Any less and I find a real limp lift is the result, particularly when lashes are very strong (if they take ages just to glue down and ping back up).

If client has hooded eyes, like myself, if you use a smaller shield and lashes are a good medium length or long, you will not want to put too high up as the lashes will look great for 5mins then get eaten by our creases which are low down, then end up all over the place, hooked ends and totally curled back on themselves over time. However, using a large shield and applying over whole hairs works very well as i’ve found out on myself. If I only put on the root or some of the hairs it’s a total waste of time for me sitting there for an hour doing them on myself.

This isn’t stuff I learned during training it’s just what you pick up as you go along and what works for you, so don’t be afraid to try things.

Great information, thank you! The lid hooding that can trap the lashes can really cause the lashes to get crimped. A larger rod causing a more relaxed curl make such such!

Latest posts

Back