Lash lift help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello. Can any lash techs on here help me please. I've just done my training in lash lift and tint and am in the process of doing my case studies to gain my certificate. My trouble is that 50% of the time, I think I have glued the lashes to the shield fine but then when I apply the lifting cream, some of the lashes come unstuck. I can't work out why. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong please? I'm using Lash Bomb products.

Hey, I use lash bomb too and have no issues.... you are definitely using their glue right?

I would say it's probably an isolation issue. I glue up the lashes in 2/3 sections per eye. Apply glue to rod, pull back lashes and make sure those lashes are isolated, straight and neat. If you have a few lashes all bunched together, you might have some lashes that are sat on top of another lash, so they won't be making full contact with the rod/shield and they won't stay stuck. If your glue has dried before you've finished isolating, apply a TINY bit more and it should soften the glue back up.

Don't move onto the next section until every lash is laying flat against the rod/shield.

Make sure you have one of the metal pointy tools for your isolation. I could never get on with Y combs

Feel free to upload a pic of the lashes once they are glued, someone might be able to spot it!

Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply.

Yes, I'm using their glue. I contacted my teacher and she said she had heard a few people say that they have changed the formula of their glue recently and it's not as good, so it could be that. The other thing she said is that I need to make sure I am glueing the lashes right from the root. I suppose it's possible I have been nervous about getting too close to the lash line and not glueing them well enough from the root, so I'll be mindful of that from now on. I'm already glueing the lashes in small sections so I don't think it's that, but I will also try and make sure I'm isolating the lashes and not gluing them on top of each other!
Lauren x

Latest posts

Back