Lash lift help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nova-nails18

Reaction score
I'm a qualified nail tech and educator who's just recently done Lash Lift and tinting and im honestly finding it so difficult being new to something.

I seem to encounter problems with each lash lift I do.

Issues sizing up sheilds , getting lashes to stay on the sheild and when they do stay as soon as I do step one they lift off.

My most recent was the worst yet with her lashes just not at all staying on the sheilds after step one and it seems I've left the solution on for too long with trying to sort this , they didn't look lifted and after a few days her lashes seem over processed or burnt as she says . I asked her to send a photo but she didn't . I feel devastated and scared to do another one. I hate this feeling

I apologised and explained the issue if her lashes not sticking at the time of her appointment and explain it again and offered her a refund advised her to use coconut oil or vaseline on them as she didn't want to come back to try to undo the over processing which is fair.

I'm just looking for advise on where I go from here ? To get my confidence back up and get people's lashes to stay on the sheilds!

Hi There,
Don't be so down on yourself, lash lifting is quite tricky. Have you had any successful lifts at all?

Which brand are you using and have you still got the chance to get in touch with your trainer about your issues?
Perhaps a slower processing set of products would give you more time to be attentive should some lashes decide to lift off the shields. You'd be less panicky.( If the faster lift products are the issue for you that is.)

Apply more glue to those wandering lashes, that's what I do.

Sizes of shields? Almost all of my clients want a dramatic lift....yes that baby doll look ! So I use small shields mostly. Extra small is used for the tiniest of lashes.
I have never used the large shields and the medium shields, I have used on 2 clients only.

Hope that helps.

thanks for your reply I've had a few that have been ok I'll add the best one I've did. I think I might try a new system . Thinking lash bomb maybe ?

Attachments

• IMG_20220922_222700_124.jpg
    IMG_20220922_222700_124.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 0
hey! i use lash bomb products and find them faultless, i also only ever use small and medium shields for the most dramatic affects. i find large shields do not make the lashes look lifted!

as for getting lashes to stay on the shields, i apply step one and if a few become loose i use a small amount of adhesive to stick them back up and then go in with step two!

hey! i use lash bomb products and find them faultless, i also only ever use small and medium shields for the most dramatic affects. i find large shields do not make the lashes look lifted!

as for getting lashes to stay on the shields, i apply step one and if a few become loose i use a small amount of adhesive to stick them back up and then go in with step two!
Hey thanks for this I'm thinking of moving to lash bomb , the consistency of the London Brown speed lift is really watery, it looks like a gel at first when you squeeze some out but it goes on really watery which I find isnt helping with the lashes coming off the sheilds.

Also when you say you to in with more adhesive do you do this while step one is still on or do you take step one off first

thanks for your reply I've had a few that have been ok I'll add the best one I've did. I think I might try a new system . Thinking lash bomb maybe ?
I would definitely use small lash shields to give the best result on your clients. When I did my training we used a medium shield based on the clients' lash length, and quite honestly we all felt that the results were rather underwhelming. I am sure that will help.

I'm a qualified nail tech and educator who's just recently done Lash Lift and tinting and im honestly finding it so difficult being new to something.

Issues sizing up sheilds , getting lashes to stay on the sheild and when they do stay as soon as I do step one they lift off.

My most recent was the worst yet with her lashes just not at all staying on the sheilds after step one and it seems I've left the solution on for too long with trying to sort this , they didn't look lifted and after a few days her lashes seem over processed or burnt as she says . I asked her to send a photo but she didn't . I feel devastated and scared to do another one. I hate this feeling

I apologised and explained the issue if her lashes not sticking at the time of her appointment and explain it again and offered her a refund advised her to use coconut oil or vaseline on them as she didn't want to come back to try to undo the over processing which is fair.

I'm just looking for advise on where I go from here ? To get my confidence back up and get people's lashes to stay on the sheilds!

Hi @Nova-nails18

Honestly, please don't stress!

Lash lifts are a fantastic service to offer but really do take lots of practise.

Setting realistic expectations with clients is also a good place to start.

Some clients lashes can be resistant to lifts, if the lashes are very straight and pointing downwards naturally these can be really challenging!.

Re the sticking down of the lashes to the shield, making sure that you are letting the client know not to wear eye makeup prior to their appt and also making sure that you follow the correct steps with regards to cleansing the eyes thoroughly and using protein remover etc.

This should mean that the lashes have been properly prepared and there should be no issues.

Select small sections of lashes working from the outside of the eye inwards using enough glue to ensure that they attach to the shield properly... also be aware that new baby hairs wont stick, and need to be left as they will grow in crooked if lifted.

Also, is your shield placement as close to the root as you can make it without exposing the waterline?, this will ensure you will catch as many hairs as possible and the end result will be much better.

Don't worry if you need to go back and apply more glue whilst using step one, sometimes you just have to!.

This happened to me recently on a client, one eye was fine but the other lashes on her other eye refused to stick, i finally managed to get them down in time for step two and they turned out absolutely fine, i was so relieved!.

It really is trial and error sometimes.

Be aware that you don't want to over process the lashes by taking your time, you have to stick to the correct time to avoid damage.

LVL i find has the longest development timings, however i know they are bringing a new lift out that may be faster.

Lashbomb is what ive moved over to, and its fantastic, however the timings are very fast. Kirsty.beautiful brows is on the forum, you should ask her for some info as she is brand ambassador/trainer for Lashbomb.

Hope this info helps &
Goodluck x.

Latest posts

Back