Lash lift lifted! Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemac

Reaction score
Good Morning Geeks

I have not been on for a while and I am in some help and advice please.

I consider myself a pretty seasoned lash lifter, I do on average about 10/15 lash lifts per month for the past 4/5 years sometimes less, often more. Always had lovely results and loads of return clients.

I had a new client last week who was booked in for extensions about from about a month ago. I noticed it had been written in next to her name in the book (might have lash lift) and the date of the patch test written next to it. So she comes in and we have a good chat, I do the consultation and she decides to go with the lash lift instead of the extensions.

Treatment done, results were excellent, really super lift and off she went happy as larry!

She turned up in the salon on monday(i was off so my receptionist rang me and gave me the phone) saying she hates it, they are too lifted, she cant put her eye make up on etc etc and what can I do about it. I had a long chat with her (alarm bells were starting to ring at this point) and I arranged to come in early yesterday to see her and have a look.

I can see what she means when she say's they are really lifted, they are and I accept that. They seem a little more lifted now than they were after the treatment and I have never seen this happen before. However I must stress they dont look bad, I would say they were as lifted as lashes could lift.

She wanted them re done there and then and I explained I couldnt and why. Thats when her tone changed and she started saying her bottom lashes had all fallen out. I looked and said "where?" "You have a full healthy set of bottom lashes there is not a gap anywhere to be seen" to which she replied "well they are not what they used to be like, cant you see the gaps" I said "no there is no gaps" I quickly go my phone out and took a load of pictures to cover myself. I also noted that all the tint had disappeared from her bottom lashes and the top lashes where very faded and I am begining to wonder if she has used something on them! Anyway this drama went on forever and after about 30 mins she requested some strip lashes, I gave her 3 pairs of reusable lashes and we arranged for her to come back in a fortnight to re assess the situation. I think she will be expecting them re done at this appointment. Not sure what to do with this situation. Oh and I should also mention she said it has ruined her Xmas!!!!!

So Geeks the bottom line is that she really doesnt like her lash lift! I accept that but I cant stress enough it is just a normal lash lift and it does not look bad! What can be done? I have never had this happen before and could do with some advice PLEEEEEEEEESE!

Have you got any pics to show us? I had a customer once, literally after the treatment she was running her eye, I told her to stop (for obv reasons) and then she looked in the mirror and claimed they were different (Well they were fine before she rubbed). So I gave her a eyelash brush ( because she was doing her nut) and I explained after a week or so they will drop out a little bit because of showering..etc and said let me know after a week if they are still different. Well within a few days they were fine.
With regards to tint, maybe she removed her make up with an oil based product, and cleansed her eyes with the remover, or hopped straight in the shower?? You don't know what she's done and by the sounds of it, she probably won't admit it.
You haven't ruined her xmas. Don't worry. She's just having a mare.

Maybe offer to do the treatment again at a discounted price? And maybe use like a large silicone pad rather than the small or medium as they usually give the biggest lifts.

Hope you get it sorted xx

Thanks for your quick reply.

I do have pictures but I was worried about putting them up as you can see her entire face and she would go through the roof if she discovered herself on a form being discussed. But, all the girls in the salon have seen them and they all say the same as me, yes they are really lifted but they look good, there is zero damage, the fact is she just doesnt like them. Which I accept, I am though really worried she will try and do something to them herself or get a friend to try and If i then re try her lashes will end up really damaged.

It sounds to me 'she's just no happy with results' as she was booked in for extentions , maybe she was expecting extension results from a lash lift ? Especially if she's had extension s before she maybe expecting the same results xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes that also could be the case, I never thought of it like that! We discussed it at length though and she had 100% decided to go with the lash lift as she has lovely long natural lashes. But you are right, she just doesn't like it, end of story!

I am so chicken hearted and the thought of genuinely ruining someones Xmas just really upset me.

Download insta pic frames and you can cut her face out and just have her eyes, if you want to show us?
Yeah if she always has extensions then she probably was expecting a bit more obvious results. Maybe explain that it's the same effect of curling her natural eyelashes with an eye curler just more permanent. You can still give her extensions., maybe give her 10% off or something just to keep her happy, and returning? Xx

Latest posts

Back