Lash lift not as good as pics I’ve seen

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel bell

Reaction score
Hello...im not 100% my lash lifts are as good as they should be...could i have some honest oppinions please...using Lashus

Hello...im not 100% my lash lifts are as good as they should be...could i have some honest oppinions please...using Lashus
These are some of my clients...what do you think
Screenshot_20191017-171611_Instagram.jpeg
Screenshot_20191004-195343_Instagram.jpeg
Screenshot_20190927-175249_Instagram.jpeg

Also 1 thing i find is, when i come to remove the tint, 90% of the lashes have come off the sheild already [emoji848]

Hey Rachel, can you run me through the steps you are taking to follow out the procedure? It could be a number of reasons this is happening, it’s also hard to tell from your pics as clients natural lashes are quite short, whereas it’s not a necessity for a client to have long lashes to get a good result I’m just wondering if your comparing your treatments to that of pics of clients with a longer, fuller natural lash? Here is a comparison of my work between short and long lashes
3c3713d224faa3f1ca4eb1e56657fc70.jpg
497a35c394eb34791d795856b375c429.jpg

May be i am ...so my steps are
Cleanse lashes with Micellar water( oil free cleanser)
Attatch guard either medium or small to lid
10 mins with lift lotion
Remove with dry cotton disc
10 mins fix lotion
Remove with dry cotton disc
10 mins refectocil lash tint

Ok so the only thing I do differently to you is timings, I use nouveau and perming solution is left for 10/14 mins depending on lash thickness/health and fix solution left for 7 minutes. Also are you using a small shield to get maximum lift (not in the case with downward pointing lashes) and making sure the shield is close enough to the lash line? With regards to the lashes already coming off the pad after tint, perhaps you need a new adhesive as that never happens to me [emoji5]

Ok so the only thing I do differently to you is timings, I use nouveau and perming solution is left for 10/14 mins depending on lash thickness/health and fix solution left for 7 minutes. Also are you using a small shield to get maximum lift (not in the case with downward pointing lashes) and making sure the shield is close enough to the lash line? With regards to the lashes already coming off the pad after tint, perhaps you need a new adhesive as that never happens to me [emoji5]
Hmm ive wondered about the glue too...i think i ll get the lashus glue rather than the salon system...or maybe im not using enough glue as i attatch the lashes i wonder if im wiping the glue away and they re coming away from the sheild ...im confident im doing everything else ok...do my pics look ok ?

Hmm ive wondered about the glue too...i think i ll get the lashus glue rather than the salon system...or maybe im not using enough glue as i attatch the lashes i wonder if im wiping the glue away and they re coming away from the sheild ...im confident im doing everything else ok...do my pics look ok ?
Yes using small sheild

Hi how do you achieve that 90 degree angle look on lashes? I’m using small rods, doing every thing correct but mine are coming out more round

I use the salon system products too...
I also find that lashes come off the guard as I go along your never always going to get every single one stuck down but I try and stick them back on in between application of each product
Also are you getting the guard close enough to the lash line and getting the solution close enough to lash line to ensure maximum lift? i agree with Carli though some results look better then others it just depends on the individuals natural lashes.

I use the salon system products too...
I also find that lashes come off the guard as I go along your never always going to get every single one stuck down but I try and stick them back on in between application of each product
Also are you getting the guard close enough to the lash line and getting the solution close enough to lash line to ensure maximum lift? i agree with Carli though some results look better then others it just depends on the individuals natural lashes.
Im happy that im getting the product close to the lashline but my heads telling me, not so much wth the guard ...im going to work on that...thankyou...might try a different glue too

Hi Rachel, I think these look great!
Like somone else mentioned - these ladies have fairly short lashes so don't be too disheartened by the result they probably noticed a much bigger difference than you did! :) my mum has short lashes but shes always made up with the result she gets from a lash lift even if I dont think it's gone so well!

I'm new to lash lifts too and I'm struggling to get the sheilds as close as possible to the lash line but I'm sure I'll improve over time!
I also find that some lashes have come away from the sheild when I go to remove the tint - I think this is because I like to really blather the tint on! (Also using refectocil)
I don't suppose this really affects the treatment aslong so they are down for the perming and setting lotion?

Just keep going they look great! :)
I'm using Lashbase products and I would recommend giving them a go! :)

Attachments

• 20191006_134535.jpg
    20191006_134535.jpg
    720 KB · Views: 56
Hi Rachel, I think these look great!
Like somone else mentioned - these ladies have fairly short lashes so don't be too disheartened by the result they probably noticed a much bigger difference than you did! :) my mum has short lashes but shes always made up with the result she gets from a lash lift even if I dont think it's gone so well!

I'm new to lash lifts too and I'm struggling to get the sheilds as close as possible to the lash line but I'm sure I'll improve over time!
I also find that some lashes have come away from the sheild when I go to remove the tint - I think this is because I like to really blather the tint on! (Also using refectocil)
I don't suppose this really affects the treatment aslong so they are down for the perming and setting lotion?

Just keep going they look great! :)
I'm using Lashbase products and I would recommend giving them a go! :)
Thankyou very encouraging xx

Hi Rachel sorry for the late reply. I also use the salon system glue and this works fine for me. I do spend a lot of time making sure the lashes are stuck to the shield, prep I think I’m the most important part of any treatment, it takes me about 20 mins roughly to apply the lashes to the shield. I always make sure the lashes are good and stuck onto that shield before applying any products. Perhaps you need to spend more time on that aspect of your treatment?? If you need any more help let me know x

Hi Kemiy - and congratulations!

I’m very experienced with lash lifts but I wouldn’t recommend that you experiment with a new treatment during pregnancy. You can become sensitive to all sorts of things that wouldn’t normally be a problem when you are pregnant so it’s best to stay away from new to you chemicals.

I do offer lash lifts to pregnant clients but I ask my ladies to discuss this with their midwife first. The problem isn’t whether the products are safe - because of course therapists carry on working when they are pregnant so we need to be safe too, it’s more a case that if you did have a reaction you would have fewer options for treatment so you might end up horribly uncomfortable.

If you are exposed to a chemical fairly regularly, your body recognises it and doesn’t get over excited. If it’s new you can get a sensitive reaction. That’s why it’s a safe treatment for therapists to carry out and for regular clients to keep having but not a safe option for you. Sorry.

It is a fab treatment though, so definitely one to explore after your baby is born.

Latest posts

Back