Lash lift not working

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey sorry to jump in on your post. I be been having the same kind of problems. Wonder if anyone can help. I'm trained in salon system products. Was shown to pretty much use the medium shields but reading about it I don't think that's right. Can you advise on when you use certain shields? Also your 2 lotions do you apply right to the tip of the Lash? I was taught too but again reading about it not so sure now.
Thank you xx

Hey sorry to jump in on your post. I be been having the same kind of problems. Wonder if anyone can help. I'm trained in salon system products. Was shown to pretty much use the medium shields but reading about it I don't think that's right. Can you advise on when you use certain shields? Also your 2 lotions do you apply right to the tip of the Lash? I was taught too but again reading about it not so sure now.
Thank you xx
Hi Kirsty
I trained with salon systems too, I can't understand why they only make medium and large shields! I use Small from Lash Base, they are virtually identical in shape to the salon systems ones but obv smaller and I use them on pretty much everybody unless their lashes are mega mega long and then I'd use a medium.
With the two lotions, we were taught to apply only to the lower half, as in, where they bend up on to the shield, and not right to the tips, to avoid over processing if they return quite quickly for another lift. Hth x

Hi Kirsty
I trained with salon systems too, I can't understand why they only make medium and large shields! I use Small from Lash Base, they are virtually identical in shape to the salon systems ones but obv smaller and I use them on pretty much everybody unless their lashes are mega mega long and then I'd use a medium.
With the two lotions, we were taught to apply only to the lower half, as in, where they bend up on to the shield, and not right to the tips, to avoid over processing if they return quite quickly for another lift. Hth x
Hi Kirsty
Hey thank you so much for the reply. I hadn't even noticed they didn't do short as I wasn't taught to use them. Crazy how were all taught different. I'll have a look on lash base. So you would recommend just using a smaller shield on anyone unless someone's eyelashes are too long? I was taught to cover the whole eye (again terrible how I was taught something different) I'll start just applying at the bottom so literally just at the root of the eyelashes then? Thanks so much for your help xx

Well I'm not exactly an expert as I only did my training in February this year but that's what I was taught and certainly seems to work well, I've done 60+ lifts now and done that each time.
Yes we were told a larger shield will give you a less lifted look and a smaller will give a more lifted look. You're welcome [emoji4] xx

Thank you so much. I got my smaller shields and have noticed a big difference. I know it was 12 minute developing time for the medium is it the same for the small just to make sure I'm doing it right? And struggling to completely separate all the lashes but I always get a good result do you ever struggle with this xx

I use Elleebana. You don't place solution on the tips of the lashes as you can over process them. I've done lash lifts for 7 years and Elleebana is the best. The solutions are nourishing so you don;t need a separate nourishing lotion. You leave the solutions on for 6 mins each so it cut 30 mins off my other brands. They use rods which give a lovely natural curl. It really is an amazing product and it's Australian so nothing is made in China :)
You can get all the products at Lash Factor :
https://www.lashfactor.co.uk/category/elleebana-lash-lift-12

I use Elleebana. You don't place solution on the tips of the lashes as you can over process them. I've done lash lifts for 7 years and Elleebana is the best. The solutions are nourishing so you don;t need a separate nourishing lotion. You leave the solutions on for 6 mins each so it cut 30 mins off my other brands. They use rods which give a lovely natural curl. It really is an amazing product and it's Australian so nothing is made in China :)
You can get all the products at Lash Factor :
https://www.lashfactor.co.uk/category/elleebana-lash-lift-12
Wow that's impressive, can you buy from them without having to train with them? I did my training with salon systems. Is this the one shot lash lift or are there different types?
How does the rod compare with a shield? We were told that using a rod makes them curly as in a lash perm, whereas a shield opens the eye up more. Did you try both? X

Wow that's impressive, can you buy from them without having to train with them? I did my training with salon systems. Is this the one shot lash lift or are there different types?
How does the rod compare with a shield? We were told that using a rod makes them curly as in a lash perm, whereas a shield opens the eye up more. Did you try both? X
They look different to the perm rod style.

I've ordered a sample pack to try...

Last edited:
Elleebana say you don't need to retrain with them if you already have a lash lift qualification.
I would check with your insurance company though. I know with LVL they tint the top lashes on the shield so I think a lot of insurers say you might need a separate tinting qualification. If you've trained with other brands then it should be fine but I would just double check with your insurance.
The rods are so easy to use and fit the eye better. I always think they are a bit like the shield but without the frilly bit :)
I know some girls still use shields but with the Elleebana solutions. This is usually because they are a bit scared to try the rods and I must admit that I was too when I first used them. They are just different but they are so easy once you use them and I've never had to trim one and Elleebana say you can sterilise them and re-use too :)

Hi, what are you removing eye make up with, just a thought but might be leaving Ng a oily film on Lashes! Might help xx

Elleebana say you don't need to retrain with them if you already have a lash lift qualification.
I would check with your insurance company though. I know with LVL they tint the top lashes on the shield so I think a lot of insurers say you might need a separate tinting qualification. If you've trained with other brands then it should be fine but I would just double check with your insurance.
The rods are so easy to use and fit the eye better. I always think they are a bit like the shield but without the frilly bit :)
I know some girls still use shields but with the Elleebana solutions. This is usually because they are a bit scared to try the rods and I must admit that I was too when I first used them. They are just different but they are so easy once you use them and I've never had to trim one and Elleebana say you can sterilise them and re-use too :)
I found it very bizarre that clients came to me because they previously only had the top lashes tinted and the bottom ones weren't.

I found it very bizarre that clients came to me because they previously only had the top lashes tinted and the bottom ones weren't.
Agree, I'm the only one in my area who tints the bottom ones [emoji15]

Thanks so much for all the replies! Had more of a play about with the shield sizes and also products etc and reading these has helped. Starting to think my course wasn't that great and she maybe didn't know her stuff as much as I originally thought!!

Thanks so much for all the replies! Had more of a play about with the shield sizes and also products etc and reading these has helped. Starting to think my course wasn't that great and she maybe didn't know her stuff as much as I originally thought!!
I've just posted on another thread re the Ellebeena lash lift. I found placing the rods much easier and quicker than shields and the lift a better shape. A quicker treatment too. I'm converted!
First pic is a medium shield and 2nd pic is the Elleebana medium rod on the same client. 6mins for lifting solution then 5 mins for setting solution then tint.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1502214048.202977.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1502214061.053791.jpg

Ciderella71 I have been researching Elleebana all afternoon, ordered sample packs!! Can't wait to try! :)

I've just posted on another thread re the Ellebeena lash lift. I found placing the rods much easier and quicker than shields and the lift a better shape. A quicker treatment too. I'm converted!
First pic is a medium shield and 2nd pic is the Elleebana medium rod on the same client. 6mins for lifting solution then 5 mins for setting solution then tint. View attachment 205677View attachment 205678

They look amazing!!

I use Flirties and get great results. I also use the small shield on 80% of my clients.
I tint after the 2nd process.
After I've removed all the tint, I then apply a little nourisher.
All solutions including tint are removed with cotton buds/dry cotton wool.
When do you decide to use small or medium shields? This is where I'm struggling xx

When do you decide to use small or medium shields? This is where I'm struggling xx
When I used the shields then the majority of the time I would use small as people wanted more of a lift.
Even if they had long lashes I would use small. I would use medium on people with pronounced brow bones as I wouldn't want the lashes touching it and large I would usually use for men mainly.
There's an Elleebana youtube video though that tells you how to choose which rod if using rods :)

Latest posts

Back