Lash lift not working

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I used the shields then the majority of the time I would use small as people wanted more of a lift.
Even if they had long lashes I would use small. I would use medium on people with pronounced brow bones as I wouldn't want the lashes touching it and large I would usually use for men mainly.
There's an Elleebana youtube video though that tells you how to choose which rod if using rods :)

Thank you so much. I use shields as I feel rods are more like a perm which my salon was trying to get away from . How do you know if someone has a pronounced brow bone do you give clients the option ? Always see people saying they only use short on short lashes xx

Thank you so much. I use shields as I feel rods are more like a perm which my salon was trying to get away from . How do you know if someone has a pronounced brow bone do you give clients the option ? Always see people saying they only use short on short lashes xx
And how far up do you put the lotions as I was taught to completely cover but now told just the root. So confusing lol xx

Y
And how far up do you put the lotions as I was taught to completely cover but now told just the root. So confusing lol xx
es you only need to place at the root and no further than half way up. If you place at the tips then you could over process them x

Y

es you only need to place at the root and no further than half way up. If you place at the tips then you could over process them x
Thank you I'll start doing half way up thank you. Xx

I've taken the plunge and ordered all Elleebana now. Just need to get my ladies in for patch testing again [emoji51]

This is just a thought but I found I was going wrong a couple of times like this and it didn't give much of a lift although I went through all the procedures I'd been taught. This happened several weeks after my training, and after lots of fab lifts, suddenly I had a couple of duffers and this is why ( hope it helps)

After placing the shield on the lashes I was then being a bit over enthusiastic in lifting the lashes and sticking them on to it, in that I was managing to slightly turn the eyelid outwards and upwards, exposing the inner rim of the upper eyelid if that makes sense. I followed the exact procedures but they weren't hardly lifted at all.

So now I make very sure that I don't manage to turn the lid at all, it's especially easy to do this if your client has shorter lashes and by pulling them a bit more you can get them looking longer on the shield which at first I thought was good BUT soon sussed that this changed the angle that the lashes were fixed at, and gave a poor result.

Sorry for all the waffle, hope I've explained it ok and hope it might help someone!
Iv noticed this a few times. Noted. Thank you

Iv noticed this a few times. Noted. Thank you
See now you say that it makes total sense. So do you mean when lifting the lashes on don't lift the eye at all? As I feel I lift it right up to make sure the lash is lifted right from the root. Done everything again today and although my client liked there lashes I wasn't too keen. Do you think they would have lifted more if I don't like the eye at all? Xx

See now you say that it makes total sense. So do you mean when lifting the lashes on don't lift the eye at all? As I feel I lift it right up to make sure the lash is lifted right from the root. Done everything again today and although my client liked there lashes I wasn't too keen. Do you think they would have lifted more if I don't like the eye at all? Xx
Exactly, keep the inside of the lid completely on their eyeball if that makes sense x

I use ellebeena and get great results. Timings are a lot shorter than salon services treatments and they don't have that "perm" smell! [emoji12] they come in sachets and one sachet is far too much for one client so I can get 2/3 out of one satchet as long as they aren't open for too long in between. It's therefore good value too. I leave the shields on when tinting unless a client asks me to tint the bottom lashes too. I normally use medium shields.

Exactly, keep the inside of the lid completely on their eyeball if that makes sense x
Perfect and how do you apply lotion. I've been doing from root to just before tip but now told to do just the middle section xx

I've taken the plunge and ordered all Elleebana now. Just need to get my ladies in for patch testing again [emoji51]

Keep us posted how you get on with it! I've had some disappointing results with my last 3 Lashbase lifts. Not sure if I've got a dodgy batch, but if they don't improve I'm thinking of trying Elleebana too.

Perfect and how do you apply lotion. I've been doing from root to just before tip but now told to do just the middle section xx
Only apply the solutions to the base of the lash

Keep us posted how you get on with it! I've had some disappointing results with my last 3 Lashbase lifts. Not sure if I've got a dodgy batch, but if they don't improve I'm thinking of trying Elleebana too.
I've not used my lash base ones yet [emoji51]Where do you think the problem lies with it?

Only apply the solutions to the base of the lash
I phoned my trainer and they said apply to not the root or tip and only to middle area x

Root to halfway x

I've not used my lash base ones yet [emoji51]Where do you think the problem lies with it?

Well, I don't think any of the lifts have lasted beyond 4 weeks tops, which is disappointing. Up until the other day I was at least getting a lift, but the last 3 (including mine which I got my friend who trained with me to do using my products) barely lifted at all! I've been following all the lashlift threads on here to pick up tips so I'm feeling a bit disheartened to be honest. I only trained in May so my products aren't out of date, in fact this is a new batch.

This doesn't have anything to do with the Lashbase products themselves I shouldn't think but It probably doesn't help that the majority of my clients who want the lashlift have short/sparse lashes and often quite small eyes so it can be tricky getting the shields to fit nicely, and then get the lashes to stick - more often than not tiny short lashes are refusing to stick down at all! We were told the glue gets easier to use the older it is as it gets tackier but at the moment it takes ages to get them to start sticking. It's such a shame as I was so excited about lashlifting but until I can sort out what the problem is I don't feel happy offering it

Well, I don't think any of the lifts have lasted beyond 4 weeks tops, which is disappointing. Up until the other day I was at least getting a lift, but the last 3 (including mine which I got my friend who trained with me to do using my products) barely lifted at all! I've been following all the lashlift threads on here to pick up tips so I'm feeling a bit disheartened to be honest. I only trained in May so my products aren't out of date, in fact this is a new batch.

This doesn't have anything to do with the Lashbase products themselves I shouldn't think but It probably doesn't help that the majority of my clients who want the lashlift have short/sparse lashes and often quite small eyes so it can be tricky getting the shields to fit nicely, and then get the lashes to stick - more often than not tiny short lashes are refusing to stick down at all! We were told the glue gets easier to use the older it is as it gets tackier but at the moment it takes ages to get them to start sticking. It's such a shame as I was so excited about lashlifting but until I can sort out what the problem is I don't feel happy offering it
That's a shame. Do you recommend people keep them dry afterwards? I know there's some controversy over this atm lol
With short lashes I find it really helpful to put cotton pads over the eyes while the blue is developing. I place them with a bit of an upward sweep which tends to encourage any little lashes which are trying the jump off the shield to curl up with the others . You're prob doing that already x

That's a shame. Do you recommend people keep them dry afterwards? I know there's some controversy over this atm lol
With short lashes I find it really helpful to put cotton pads over the eyes while the blue is developing. I place them with a bit of an upward sweep which tends to encourage any little lashes which are trying the jump off the shield to curl up with the others . You're prob doing that already x

Thanks for your advice Blossom, I'll definitely try putting cotton pads on whilst the blue is developing next time. I'm willing to try anything to get perfect results!
Although we were taught to use damp cotton buds to remove both the pink and blue lotions, I have even been trying to use dry ones unless it's really stubborn to remove, but I do advise my clients to try and avoid getting them wet or putting mascara on for 24 hours after.
I've asked a friend and her Mum to come over for a free lash lift this week and they are aware of the situation so I will see what happens. Keeping my fingers crossed it was just one bad sachet last time!

Just to update, I thought I'd try the lash base lotions on myself before a client, im very pleased with the result and happy to use, seeing as I've already got some stock that I bought in when I heard salon systems was not so great with the new formulations.
Be careful you're not pulling the lid up too high as this will result in the lashes being fixed at a different angle and doesn't look so good. Sorry don't mean to sound like a know all, i absolutely don't, but have noticed that point about the technique of lash lifting as I did a few like that and wasn't so pleased

Just to update, I thought I'd try the lash base lotions on myself before a client, im very pleased with the result and happy to use, seeing as I've already got some stock that I bought in when I heard salon systems was not so great with the new formulations.
Be careful you're not pulling the lid up too high as this will result in the lashes being fixed at a different angle and doesn't look so good. Sorry don't mean to sound like a know all, i absolutely don't, but have noticed that point about the technique of lash lifting as I did a few like that and wasn't so pleased

That's good to hear that you liked the results from Lash Base. The 2 freebies I did on Friends the other day were a success and have resulted in 3 new clients, so that has boosted my confidence a bit!

I picked up on your comment about not pulling the lid too high on a previous thread and thought it was a very good tip and have been very careful not to do that since. That's what I love about this forum - everyone sharing their own tips and experiences to help each other

The client I have coming in A few minutes has very long lashes so I'm hoping for good results! (And that I pick the right size shield! ) x

Latest posts

Back