Lash lift not working

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcb17

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for some help as feel very disheartened. Trained in Lash Lift, course was fine & models got good results. I've since done 6 and only getting very minimal results, haven't had the wow factor with any of them and think clients have been disappointed too. I'm gutted, I love this treatment but it's just not working. I'm following instructions exactly and don't know what to do. I've used products given on my course - one brand I've never heard of and also Salon System. Neither has worked. Any thoughts welcome!

Thanks x

Talk us through your procedure.
Also Is it sachets or bottles of product?

Thank you.

First I remove make up, cover bottom lashes with pad etc
Apply the shield & glue lashes
Apply solution & leave for 10-15 mins
Remove excess
Apply fixing solution & leave for 10-15 mins
Remove excess
Apply nourishing lotion & leave for a few mins then begin to loosen lashes from shield
Remove shield & pads
Tint lashes etc

This is the exact procedure I was taught during my training, I just don't know where I'm going wrong.

I've been using bottles. I opened fresh bottles for a client yesterday then tonight I tried the Salon System bottles - again freshly opened

I was taught to tint before removing from shield but that shouldn't affect the lift.
What size shield are you using and are you applying close enough to the lashes?
So far I've left all on for the full 15 mins

We were taught to remove shield so we can tint the bottom lashes too but just about everyone I speak to tints with the shields on!

I've been leaving on for 15 mins for the last few as I thought I maybe wasn't leaving on long enough. I've used medium shields and going as close as I can.

Thanks for your reply!

I use Flirties and get great results. I also use the small shield on 80% of my clients.
I tint after the 2nd process.
After I've removed all the tint, I then apply a little nourisher.
All solutions including tint are removed with cotton buds/dry cotton wool.

Thank you, I will try small shields on my next lady and see how I go. I'm hearing great things about Flirties lash lift products

How hard are you pulling lashes when gluing them? Your pressure should be quite firm x

This is just a thought but I found I was going wrong a couple of times like this and it didn't give much of a lift although I went through all the procedures I'd been taught. This happened several weeks after my training, and after lots of fab lifts, suddenly I had a couple of duffers and this is why ( hope it helps)

After placing the shield on the lashes I was then being a bit over enthusiastic in lifting the lashes and sticking them on to it, in that I was managing to slightly turn the eyelid outwards and upwards, exposing the inner rim of the upper eyelid if that makes sense. I followed the exact procedures but they weren't hardly lifted at all.

So now I make very sure that I don't manage to turn the lid at all, it's especially easy to do this if your client has shorter lashes and by pulling them a bit more you can get them looking longer on the shield which at first I thought was good BUT soon sussed that this changed the angle that the lashes were fixed at, and gave a poor result.

Sorry for all the waffle, hope I've explained it ok and hope it might help someone!

Try putting foil over the lashes, it holds heat in and intensifies the reaction. xxx

This is just a thought but I found I was going wrong a couple of times like this and it didn't give much of a lift although I went through all the procedures I'd been taught. This happened several weeks after my training, and after lots of fab lifts, suddenly I had a couple of duffers and this is why ( hope it helps)

After placing the shield on the lashes I was then being a bit over enthusiastic in lifting the lashes and sticking them on to it, in that I was managing to slightly turn the eyelid outwards and upwards, exposing the inner rim of the upper eyelid if that makes sense. I followed the exact procedures but they weren't hardly lifted at all.

So now I make very sure that I don't manage to turn the lid at all, it's especially easy to do this if your client has shorter lashes and by pulling them a bit more you can get them looking longer on the shield which at first I thought was good BUT soon sussed that this changed the angle that the lashes were fixed at, and gave a poor result.

Sorry for all the waffle, hope I've explained it ok and hope it might help someone!
Oh I've done this before!

Yes tint after removing fixing lotion and then use nourishing after the tint.
Are you mixing and matching the brands?
Do you use plastic wrap over the eyes to keep them insulated while the perming and fixing lotions are on?

Yes tint after removing fixing lotion and then use nourishing after the tint.
Are you mixing and matching the brands?
Do you use plastic wrap over the eyes to keep them insulated while the perming and fixing lotions are on?
What is plastic wrap? I was taught to use a cotton pad

What is plastic wrap? I was taught to use a cotton pad
So was I. We were told cling film might melt but I think some geeks were taught to use it

I use Elleebana products for my lash lift and I've never had a bad lift, products work fast so I'm only letting it set on the lashes for around 7mins and 9 mins, I tint on the shield. I did go through a bit not getting as amazing results but found it was the size of my shield, the smallest shield won't necessarily get the best lift

I use Elleebana products for my lash lift and I've never had a bad lift, products work fast so I'm only letting it set on the lashes for around 7mins and 9 mins, I tint on the shield. I did go through a bit not getting as amazing results but found it was the size of my shield, the smallest shield won't necessarily get the best lift
I have a 10am appointment with you tomorrow! [emoji4]
What do you consider when choosing the shield size then? I'm new to lash lifting and have been using a small shield unless the client has long lashes.

I have a 10am appointment with you tomorrow! [emoji4]
What do you consider when choosing the shield size then? I'm new to lash lifting and have been using a small shield unless the client has long lashes.
Me too, I find only really long lashes need a medium

How do you tint the upper side if the lashes are still on the shield?

How do you tint the upper side if the lashes are still on the shield?
We were shown to kind of jiggle the applicator around slightly while applying and it does cover the other side too x

I had the same problem but found the sachets work better as a fresh one for every client. 12-13 min each lotion.
Bottles once opened oxidise. x

Latest posts

Back