Lash lift oil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian R

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been using the salon services nourishing oil to remove the lashes from the shield. I'm running out of this oil and was wondering if I need to buy a particualr oil or if there is any other oils I can use?

I dont know that system but generally you should be able to remove the lashes from the shield with water. It might be worth checking with salon services to see if that works?

I dont know that system but generally you should be able to remove the lashes from the shield with water. It might be worth checking with salon services to see if that works?

You shouldn’t be using water when you do a lash lift as it can cause it to drop

It depends what system you use. I use water and never habe a problem with lifts dropping.

If the structure is set then water is not going to make any difference and it’s essential to remove all products x

I was trained using water to remove the lashes from the rods at the end of the treatment - isn’t this why the glue is water based?!

I use a damp cotton bud with water and the rod comes off in seconds x

I currently use the salon services nourishing oil - but when trained I used water. The nourishing oil is more of an extra bit of loving for the lashes rather than specifically for removing the lashes from the shields/rods

I was told to use water on my training to remove the tint.

There should be no problem using water or a damp pad as the hair structure is set once the steps are completed correctly x

You should not get your lashes wet for 24hrs prior your lash lift, I’ve trained with nouveau (LVL lash lift) and this is the golden rule
Hope this helps

You should not get your lashes wet for 24hrs prior your lash lift, I’ve trained with nouveau (LVL lash lift) and this is the golden rule
Hope this helps
Just out of curiosity why should you not get the lashes wet? Is that brand specific advice as I have never heard that before and water would not affect the structure of the hair?

When you go for a perm they wash your hair with water afterwards and the perm doesn't fall out I have been doing lash lifts for nearly 2 years (flirties trained). We are taught to use damp cotton pads to remove products, my lifts always turn out amazing and I don't have to worry about products staying on the lashes over processing them.

When you go for a perm they wash your hair with water afterwards and the perm doesn't fall out I have been doing lash lifts for nearly 2 years (flirties trained). We are taught to use damp cotton pads to remove products, my lifts always turn out amazing and I don't have to worry about products staying on the lashes over processing them.
Do you use the nourishing oil that is talked about on here as well after the lift and tint?

Hope this helps

Why would getting g your lashes wet in the 24hrs before a lash lift affect it?

It makes the lift drop out
Having your lashes wet before the appointment should not make any difference to the lift outcome. You need to clean the lashes anyway and water cannot change the structure of hair x

Latest posts

Back