Lash lift on yourself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemansamsmum

Reaction score
Is it possible to do your own lash lift? I had mine done 7 weeks ago and wasn't impressed with the result as she used the smallest shield and I believe she should have used the medium. I can produce great results on my clients - just wondered whether anyone has managed on themselves and how! I'm worried I'll end up with lotion in my eyes or not be able to get all the lashes back properly!

I do my own and it turns out fine. It does take longer because I do one eye at a time but the only real challenge I have is keeping the eye I'm doing shut and relaxed. As soon as I've put the lotions on, I set my timer and lay on the bed with both eyes shut. Never had a problem getting lotion in the eye either. Good luck x

Yes I do my own, I can do both eyes at the same time as I cut the top off the shield so I can still open my eyes, I don't put gel pads under my eyes as they're open so don't need to worry about the bottom lashes sticking to the shield - takes a bit of practise and patience but it is possible! x

I do both eyes at the same time with micropore tape on bottom lashes. It comes out great. Must admit though I can't wait to get it all off but I stick with it.. lol

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

If anyone is in essex or London area in this post i can do yours if u do mine ? I don't think id be capable of doing my own x 1406423575260.jpg

For anyone wondering... It's not an attractive process doing it on yourself! This is the large shield with the top flappy bit cut off xImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406560999.008358.jpg

I do my own and it turns out fine. It does take longer because I do one eye at a time but the only real challenge I have is keeping the eye I'm doing shut and relaxed. As soon as I've put the lotions on, I set my timer and lay on the bed with both eyes shut. Never had a problem getting lotion in the eye either. Good luck x

Yes this is how I've always done mine and then I tint one eye at a time afterwards too. xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was going to ask this the other day then told myself I was being stupid thinking it was possible!! I'm a bit scared that if I start and get in a pickle I may have one eye lifted and the other not 🙀 xx

I'm going to give it a go tomorrow evening! I'm a bit scared - I don't even tint my own lashes! But I'm going to take my time and start off doing it one eye at a time keeping them closed until I feel more confident!

I'm going to give it a go tomorrow evening! I'm a bit scared - I don't even tint my own lashes! But I'm going to take my time and start off doing it one eye at a time keeping them closed until I feel more confident!

Good luck, I thought about one at a time but was worried you might get a slightly different lift? Would a 30/60sec difference in time make a difference? Xx

Well I did it!! I used the method of cutting the flowery bits off the shields so I could keep my eyes open! Couldn't be bothered to tint my lashes afterwards as was so desperate to have my eyes free! But think its a good result for the first time on myself and not someone else?ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406740876.636878.jpg

Latest posts

Back