SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloeicke

Reaction score
What area are you meant to patch test all the lash lift lotions on? And for how long?

According to my training it can be behind the ear or opposite side of the elbow, however to me this just doesn’t make sense because the product shouldn’t be touching skin, even when the treatment actually takes place so naturally it’s GOING to cause some irritation? If so how can you tell if it’s just natural irritation or an actual allergy? It’s chemical on ur skin that’s not even going to be on your skin (minus the adhesive for the shields) im just abit confused?

What area are you meant to patch test all the lash lift lotions on? And for how long?

According to my training it can be behind the ear or opposite side of the elbow, however to me this just doesn’t make sense because the product shouldn’t be touching skin, even when the treatment actually takes place so naturally it’s GOING to cause some irritation? If so how can you tell if it’s just natural irritation or an actual allergy? It’s chemical on ur skin that’s not even going to be on your skin (minus the adhesive for the shields) im just abit confused?

Why do you think you won’t get it on your clients skin?

Even the most skilled and super duper lash technician is not a magician and needs to wipe product off somehow. There will always be residue and it will touch the skin at some point be it while applying and getting under the front of the shield or while removing it.

Remember the glue. Most people with allergies that go to salons have latex/glue/tape/adhesive allergies.

Unless you glue your shields to air :D

I use lashbase and they recommend testing everything even the nourishing lotion, so I do just that! I put the tint behind the ear and perming lotion and adhesive on the inside of one arm and the setting lotion and nourishing lotion on the other.

I see what your saying about the products not intended for touching the skin (barring the adhesive) but hey sometimes it happens!
I was abit unsure about testing more than one product on the same arm but I contacted lashbase about it and thats what they recommended :)

I patch test 48 hours prior to treatment I just ask them to try to leave the lotions on for a day if possible - and I make a point of asking to see the location of the patch test before doing the treatment. It's still all really new to me but my trainer told me that people will try and hide reactions from you if they're desperate for the treatment!

I test all the products for perming on one inner fold of the elbow. Tint solution goes onto the other arm so that it will not prevent them from having a tint at another time if they are allergic. or vice versa.
A reaction would include:-
Itchy patch
Redness
spotty/ lumpy
swollen
flaky ...
Any of the above is a reaction. I tell them to not wash it off until the following day or 24 hours later.
Testing to be done 48-72 hours before treatment.
Which brand have you trained with?

Latest posts

Back