Lash lift patch tests

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

act123

Reaction score
Hi,

so I have recently attended a training course for lash lift (salon system) I of course know we always patch test tint atleast 48 hours prior to treatment. During training we were advised the lash lotions and adhesives had no known sensitisers in them so there was no need to patch test them although they would suggest us to for insurance reasons only.
I just feel putting perm onto someone's skin is going to make them react regardless!
Does anyone patch test all the lotions/tint/adhesives? or just tint?

Thank you :)

That’s a load of rubbish, I patch test the adhesive, the lift lotion, setting lotion, nourishing lotion and the tint. I do the tint on one side and the rest on the other. People are allergic to lots of things including lash lifting

b096b5f4eb400f5fa52a5d2adab3ca3d.jpg

This was given to us in our manual, I just don’t understand why they are only telling us to patch test everything for insurance reasons only

b096b5f4eb400f5fa52a5d2adab3ca3d.jpg

This was given to us in our manual, I just don’t understand why they are only telling us to patch test everything for insurance reasons only

It’s odd for sure, I would patch test everyone anyway just to be safe :)

I was taught to test everything as Scrubadub says and would always perform a patch test. You are applying chemicals to someone’s eyes after all.
Whilst most won’t react, is it a risk you’re willing to take?

I always patch test and in just over a year iv had 2 people come out in quite a bad rash from the solutions.... imagine if I hadn't tested them, there eyes would have probably swollen shut for days

Patch test for everything and I try and do it at least 48 hrs before as reactions can show up days later x

That's crazy! Yeah we patch test too.....with EVERYTHING!

Recently a client of mine who also does lashes, was told by a well known brand that you do not need to skin test as it doesn't touch the skin !!

Jeeeez this is your eyes here [emoji33]

I think this is really interesting. We had to patch test ourselves for the course. But only for the tint. Surely this means the lash lift products are safe?
64fd9890ffc1de0454bbe50c5534ade7.jpg

Latest posts

Back