Lash lift - practical questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Hi

I'm currently a nail tech but looking to do a lash lift course next year as I know a lot of my clients will be interested.

I was wondering whether I'd need a couch to do this treatment or if there's a way round it? Does anyone use a recliner or something else?

Or alternatively I could take it mobile as there's not lots of equipment - if any of you offer it mobile, do you take a portable couch or is there a suitable way of giving the treatment at a clients house without?

Any advice welcome, thank you [emoji4]xx

You would probably be ok on a recliner as long as it's comfortable for your client. And very easy to do mobile I normally just take a portable couch x

Is it heavy to lug round, bonkers? Xx

I teach my student on a couch but you could in theory use a reclining chair, but really couch is better

Silly question but is this type of thing suitable for doing a lash lift?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1481501060.714574.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1481501073.096075.jpg

Pretty much perfect. This is what I use for all my mobile work ☺

Yes get an aluminium one they are lighter and height adjustable is good too x

Can I ask how long it takes to set the couch up please, approx, once you've got the hang of it?

About 30 seconds! It literally just folds out very easy x

Really? Wow ok thank you x

I have a few of these I use in my salon and when teaching lash lifting so it's perfect

Still trying to thoroughly think this one through before committing .... How big is this type of couch when folded up? Trying to think where to store it.

Is it possible I could fit it behind a sofa?

I have one of these couches, mine would fit behind my sofa. When folded up the thickness is probably about 10cm....that's a complete guess but it really isnt too big. It also folds up to half of the length of the couch and stands up at the same length of the width of the couch if this makes sense?
I chose to go with a wooden one because it takes more weight than the aluminium ones I was looking at and also there isn't a bar across the legs so you can fit your own legs underneath when sitting at the head of the couch. I couldn't find an aluminium one without this bar so I would have had to have sat with my legs either side. Mine is height adjustable and really sturdy, not too heavy to carry. :) x

Sorry to resurrect this

Now done my lash course and feeling excited! So urgently looking to buy a couch now so I can start!

I think I may be over thinking this whole couch thing lol typical of me [emoji85]

I see some couches are in 2 sections, some in 3

Should I be looking more for one than the other or are both suitable?

Thank you

Latest posts

Back