Lash lift prior to lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tickle

Reaction score
Hello! Just wondered if a client has natural straight or slightly down turning lashes would it be ok to do a lash lift treatment like LVL straight before applying lash extensions???

Also would pre-lifting the lashes provide a better contact area between the lash and the extension? i.e. a C-curl may not have as much contact applied to a naturally straight lash, but a pre-lifted lash with perhaps a J or B curl could potentially have better contact and look more open-eyed and noticable, am I making sense?! :lol:

Hi Tickle!

If by lash lift you mean perm? then yes I would def give the client one prior to applying ELE. Im not personally a massive fan of perming the lashes - I find that it just takes a little more concentration to get the bond perfect using a good C Curl on straight lashes. As long as your base bond is great, you shouldnt have any problems with the longevity of the ELE's

I have done the LVL training and was told that it's fine to do the LVL, tint and eyelash extensions in one sitting.
As you know, the LVL treatments lifts the lashes rather than curling them so it's great for those clients with dead straight lashes that just sit on the pad!
I have done other training with Nouveau and one of the trainers said that she personally likes to wait 24-48 hours after an LVL treatment before applying extensions.
I can understand this. When you have finished an LVL treatment, you give the client a brush and tell them to comb their lashes up after a couple of hours if they want to lift them a bit more, or they can comb them down if they feel there is too much lift. Also you can't apply mascara for 24 hours as you don't want to ruin the effect of the lift.
It's not going to ruin their lashes doing all 3 treatments together but if you have paid for an LVL treatment then you want it to have the maximum effect really.
If you are just wanting a lift to make it easier to apply the lashes then you could always use a heated eyelash curler first.
Obviously the lashes will drop back after but you will have got your extensions on with less difficulty.
If the client is wanting a good lift that is going to stay then LVL is the way to go.
Whether you leave 24 hours in between is up to you.
I always think that if a client is paying for a treatment then you want them to get the maximum effect from it.
I would personally leave it 24 hours too although you could do it at a reduced price if they have both treatments at the same time.
It really does make a big difference when putting extensions on lashes that have had an LVL treatment!

Thanks for the replies...

I was also considering this as a prep for some Afro Caribbean clients i.e. I met an African lady who had very short lashes that literally pointed in every direction other than where they should! She wanted them thick and curly but it was a nightmare trying to get lashes on them as they where also extremely thin - like scrunched up fluff! So I was thinking I could do an LVL on her first just to get them straight (at the very least) and if I get a lift too than that's a bonus! Then probably apply 0.15 EE in maybe a C-curl as I don't think they could hold much more than that.

Thanks again :hug:

Thanks for the replies...

I was also considering this as a prep for some Afro Caribbean clients i.e. I met an African lady who had very short lashes that literally pointed in every direction other than where they should! She wanted them thick and curly but it was a nightmare trying to get lashes on them as they where also extremely thin - like scrunched up fluff! So I was thinking I could do an LVL on her first just to get them straight (at the very least) and if I get a lift too than that's a bonus! Then probably apply 0.15 EE in maybe a C-curl as I don't think they could hold much more than that.

Thanks again :hug:

Yes I've experienced the same on black clients as our hair is a lot finer and curly. So I want to train in lash lifting for this reason too!

Did you try it and did it help?

Thanks xx

Latest posts

Back