Lash lift procedure question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millyspook

Reaction score
Still quite new to lash lifts and just wanting to check procedure for salon system lash lifts as my training manual compared to instructions on salon system box differs.

In my training manual it says to 1) apply perming lotion - leave for 12-15 mins, then REMOVE and 2) apply fixing lotion - leave 12-15 mins

However on the box it says to apply perming lotion, leave for 12-15mins then apply fixing lotion over the top of the perming lotion, not to remove it first.

So, which one is correct?

Also, would I be able to do a lash tint on the same day? I would do this after the lift wouldn't I as the perming lotion may strip the colour?

I apply perm lotion and remove it with a dry cotton tip then apply fixing lotion.

I was taught to leave 24hrs between tinting and perming x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Sorry I forgot to say that I also remove the perming lotion before applying the fixing lotion x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

I would follow what you did on your course and remove it, which is what you should do anyway. :wink2:

Do I tint before or after? In my training they said you can do same day, just can't remember which order?

After develops really quickly after the lift make sure all lift residue is washed off prior to tinting.

Do I tint before or after? In my training they said you can do same day, just can't remember which order?

You tint after the fixing lotion is removed then apply the nourishing lotion after, if you do the nourishing lotion before the tint the tint won't take hth x

I've always followed the instructions and put perm lotion on 12-15 mins and then fixing lotion on top.
Tint after. I was told on Salon Systems course you shouldn't tint straight after a lift (leave 24 hours)

I've always followed the instructions and put perm lotion on 12-15 mins and then fixing lotion on top.
Tint after. I was told on Salon Systems course you shouldn't tint straight after a lift (leave 24 hours)

Hi, i've spoken to my training company and they have advised to wait 24 hours after the lift as they have said you can run the risk of over processing the lashes and causing frizzing and breaking. Thanks Boop, you were right xx

Its so confusing as everyone seems to do different things, but I am going to stick to my training and do as they say. Wouldn't want the client's lashes to drop off!!! Not a good look ;-00

Hi there I'm currently using the salon system lash lift products. I have the same query as above do i remove the perm lotion before applying the fixing lotion as stated on the instructions? Or remove the perm lotion with a dry cotto bud then apply the fix lotion. Xx

I used Salon System in my training although I do not intend to use for clients opting for Elleebana. However I felt it was odd not to remove perm lotion so I called Salon System and asked them. They said either way is fine. However to me it makes sense to remove as much as you can prior to neutralising so any lashes are evenly covered.

I used Salon System in my training although I do not intend to use for clients opting for Elleebana. However I felt it was odd not to remove perm lotion so I called Salon System and asked them. They said either way is fine. However to me it makes sense to remove as much as you can prior to neutralising so any lashes are evenly covered.

Thanktoy I will try removing the perm lotion and see how i get on I have left it on in the past and its worked lovely. I'm hoping on my client it works when I remove as much as I can. Xx

Is there any particular website you purchased your kits from? I’m in the US.

I have just qualified in lash lifts using the mylash system and we were told to remove the perming lotion before the fixing lotion, hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back