Lash lift product removal and brand suggestions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flobeautzxo

Reaction score
I was never trained with a specific brand and I get told all sorts of different things about how to remove products but I tend to use salonsystem however it doesn’t seem to give me the same lift as other brands I have seen out there it seems to be a very subtle, which clients do not like nor do I (any lash perming brand suggestions?).I always struggle to get off all of the glue/products at the end of a treatment and it can drag out the time as I have been using the nourishing oil to remove everything and a dry cotton bud between solutions. I have been told by some to only use the nourishing oil but it is a real struggle to get off the glue and I have recently been told to get it off at the end with a slightly damp cotton bud and then the nourishing oil. I know the aftercare advice is to get no water on your lashes as it will make the curl drop but so would oil and other products... we use oil partially to get off glue at the end of a treatment so would using a tiny bit of water really be any different? What is everyone’s experiences who have actually USED a damp cotton bud/pad as I’m interested to know. Thanks :)

Hiya
I’ve been using Lash Base which are brilliant and priced similarly to salon system
I’d say the placing of the shield and gently laying the lashes on it rather than dragging them up onto it will get you a better lift, if you can see the inside of the upper lid start to turn out, stop as the lashes are then going to be at a different angle and this is not so effective
I use dry cotton buds for lotion removal but found the real trouble was getting off the blue black tint and all the glue at the end. So I now coax the lashes off the shield after the setting lotion, getting rid of excess glue at this point. and then apply the tint then, it’s easier to get the tint all over the lashes and much much easier to get it off at the end, it just needs going over with cotton buds held over and under there lash. I never use water on them only oil.
Hope this helps x

I never knew about the inside of the lid situation that makes so much sense! Yes thats what I really struggle with all the glue and tint at the end I will have to give this a go thankyou so much for your advice I will have to give this a try I appreciate it :) x @blossom

I know there is different views on using water or oil on lifted lashes but if the structure of the hair is set correctly by completing the treatment then water cannot change this. We have never had any issues but if you are unsure maybe contact the brand directly as they will be able to help with advice as this seems to vary from brand to brand x

that’s really interesting to know and it makes a lot of sense, i will be trying these suggestions soon. Thank you so much! X @wowbb

Latest posts

Back