Lash lift query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donna22

Reaction score
Hi I was taught the lash lift process in College using My Lash products from Ellisons. I bought the salon system starter kit and used it to do my first lash lift. I followed the salon system instructions and it tells you to put the first lotion on and leave for up to 15 minutes then put the second lotion on on top of the first lotion without removing it. Leave on for up to 15 minutes then remove both lotions and put the nourishing lotion on for 5 minutes. I did this but got no result at all. Is this the case? I’ve noticed on other threads you remove the excess of the first lotion before putting the second lotion on.

Iv never heard of anyone leaving the first lotion on and then adding the second one without taking the first one off. Id double check with your instructor because that doesn' sound right to me.

Could I attempt the lash lift again in a few days without causing any damage to the lashes?

Do the course!
I'm an old goat, who sometimes thinks they know it all.....:p
Trust me when I say, you need to physically do 'the day' (that's all it takes;))....to get the most from this service!:cool:

Well being shown in a HND Beauty therapy course you would think it would save me doing the day course. This is what confused me with salon system. The instructions say put the fix lotion over the lift lotion. If I never done that I imagine I would have seen results.

Could I attempt the lash lift again in a few days without causing any damage to the lashes?
The product I use advises to leave it about 6 weeks before doing another lash lift. Is there anyone else you can try it on but remove the 1st solution first then apply second solution?

If you trained using the My Lash from Ellisons, why not buy the My Lash products from Ellisons.....

If you trained using the My Lash from Ellisons, why not buy the My Lash products from Ellisons.....
I was told by my lecturer they’re all the same anyway. It was quicker to get salon systems as I got it from Sally’s and didn’t have to wait to order it online.

I was told by my lecturer they’re all the same anyway. It was quicker to get salon systems as I got it from Sally’s and didn’t have to wait to order it online.
I was also told not to put the lotions on the lash line but to leave a small gab and put the lotion on 3/4 of the way along the lash. I found this to be different from what I’ve read on other posts I’ve seen.

I cover the roots of the lashes super close and not the tips of the lashes, and scrape off any excess in between lotions with a microbrush and apply the next. I get a perfect result every time

I cover the roots of the lashes super close and not the tips of the lashes, and scrape off any excess in between lotions with a microbrush and apply the next. I get a perfect result every time
Thanks guys i’ll try it out on a friend doing the opposite of what I have done and should hopefully see better results.

I was also told you could put the setting lotion on top of the perm lotion with salon systems but I have found removing it in between gives a better result. Just apply to the lash line.

I was also told you could put the setting lotion on top of the perm lotion with salon systems but I have found removing it in between gives a better result. Just apply to the lash line.
I think quite often the instructions can be misleading. The setting lotion does need to be applied ontop of the "area" you used the lifting product on. It doesnt go straight onto that product though. I remove the lifting product with a cotton bud......then re adjust the lashes since they will now be soft. Then when the fixing lotion is applied it will set your shape. So your fixing lotion might not set anything if it didnt pentetrate and also you maybe didnt get much lift if you applied the product too high up the lashes. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back