Lash lift shields

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gingerella

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I’m very new to beauty and I done a salon system lash lift course a few weeks ago. I have been practicing on friends and family but I don’t feel like I’m getting a dramatic enough lift.
I was taught to use the medium or large shields but have seen on here lots of people use the small ones. So what I was wondering is how long do you leave on the lift solution and the fix solution for the small shields?
Thank you x

You should be using the shields that suit the lash length, I hardly ever use large. The solution develops the same for all shield size according to the timings in your training

Hi ladies,
I'm also very new to beauty, I trained with Nouveau in LVL.
I was told to get a dramatic lift use the small ones or medium, I've never had to use the larges one.
Timing are all the same, hope this helps x

Hey thanks for the replies.
In my training we were told 12 minutes for medium and 15 minutes for large ones. So will it be 12 minutes for the small shields?x

Hey thanks for the replies.
In my training we were told 12 minutes for medium and 15 minutes for large ones. So will it be 12 minutes for the small shields?x

Have you got a manual? I do the same times no matter which shield I use x

It depends on the lashes not the shields.
It's approx 10 mins fine/dry/sparse lashes
approx 12 mins average/healthy lashes
approx 14 mins think/coarse lashes
Which manual have you got hun x

Yeah the manual says timings depending on the shields I’ve attached a copy of it. So I should just do it depending on the lashes then? X
40649643-9204-4490-96DE-4944CC8D262A.jpeg

Definitely the lashes for the timings, you shouldn't have damp cotton wool around eyes plus if your leaving the nourish lotion on for 5 mins not surprise your not getting lift, 2-3 max within this time you gentle ease the lashes away from the shield.
Hope this helps, do you mind me asking where you training & the cost of your training hun?! X

Thank you so much, I’ll try all this on my next lift. Can I ask if you tint the lashes while they’re on the shield? We were taught to tint them off the shield and once the tint is on cover eyes with damp cotton pads?
I went the the Scottish beauty School and the course was around £200.x

Thank you so much, I’ll try all this on my next lift. Can I ask if you tint the lashes while they’re on the shield? We were taught to tint them off the shield and once the tint is on cover eyes with damp cotton pads?
I went the the Scottish beauty School and the course was around £200.x

Itint while it’s on the shields and use no water at all in the treatment and they have to keep their lashes dry for 24 hours to ensure the lift doesn’t drop

Completely agreed with Scrubadub, NO water at all for 24hrs!
Hope it all goes well! x

Thanks for all the pointers. Do either of you have a manual that I would be better following than the one I have?x

Completely agreed with Scrubadub, NO water at all for 24hrs!
Hope it all goes well! x
What do you use to remove tint? I'm currently using a damp/wet cotton pad,worried now it might be causing problems!? XX

What do you use to remove tint? I'm currently using a damp/wet cotton pad,worried now it might be causing problems!? XX

To be honest a little bit of damp cotton shouldn’t hurt the lift. The way I was taught was to tint while the shields are still on so I use several cotton buds and wipe slowly and carefully working my way across to get it all off, it’s a bit of a skill getting all the tint off and making sure you don’t put too much on! I tend to wipe and turn the cotton bud at the same time and this works well for me :)

I always use water to remove and my lifts last up to 8 weeks

I trained with Sally’s using salon systems, I only ever use the medium sometimes small but I’ve not used the large at all yet! When I brought my kit in capital the sales assistant said that the large ones hardly ever get used. I use a damp cotton pad to remove tint too but I’ve never had a problem with the lift dropping. Do you think it could be you’re not pulling the lashes on to the shield tight enough? When I did my course, the teacher used me as a demo and another student did my other eye and the difference was pretty dramatic and the teacher said that’s just from where it hadn’t been pulled as tight xx

Latest posts

Back