Lash lift vs eyelash perming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm planning on doing some new training to add to my beauty treatment list and cant decide weather to do either lash lift or eye lash perming!
I Wondered if anyone can help me with what the most effective and the best brand to go for? Many thanks Donna

Me too, any help would be greatly received.

Both are ‘perming’!
The end result differs depending on the medium used to wrap the lash around.
Curling the lashes is the old way - lifting the new!
Nowadays a ‘shield’ is used to wrap the lashes around, and the perm lotion is placed at the root to create a bend at the base, enabling the projection of the lashes upward.
Years ago we used a rod to curl the lashes around to form a curl
That being said, some brands do use a rod, but the perm lotion is not taken to the tips of the lashes

Hi RED STAR,
Thankyou for taking the trouble to reply,
Which method works better on both small and long lashes,rods or shield ? Or is there no difference?
Could you recommend a brand that you have had good results with ? I currently use refectocil tint/developer is there a conflict betwen tint/lift products if they are differnt brands and used at the same service ?
Thanks

Hi RED STAR,
Thankyou for taking the trouble to reply,
Which method works better on both small and long lashes,rods or shield ? Or is there no difference?
Could you recommend a brand that you have had good results with ? I currently use refectocil tint/developer is there a conflict betwen tint/lift products if they are differnt brands and used at the same service ?
Thanks

I’ve tried lots of brands before settling on Elleebana. They are only 2 solutions with a reduced time so it’s a much quicker treatment and they have both rods and shields available. They have video tutorials on YouTube showing both. Length if the lash doesn’t matter. The shields give the most dramatic lift and I use the small almost every time unless the client prefers a more natural look or has hooded lids.

I’ve never had a bad lift or any issues whatsoever with their products.

I have elleebana & Lashus.
Elleebana is quick - but strong - so be careful with your timing.....
LASHUS is definitely my preferred when dealing with more fragile lashes as its strength diminishes, so the chances of over developing are removed
I have also used Ellisons ‘Mylash’ and had great results....
At the end of the day - technique is king

Regarding shield/rod & size .....
Very short lashes = small shield
Short / medium = small/ medium shield
Medium/long = medium shield or medium/large rod
Long = large rod
This is a rough guide that I find works quite well

Thankyou Ciderella and Red star for your detailed replies. I am hoping to do the course in the new year and it gives me plenty of time to get the course done and practice,practice,practice.
Regarding timings, do either of you wax /tint brows whilst the perming solution is on? or is ther a chance of the client not being still enough and may flicker her eyes for instance?
Thankyou for you help
Rosie

Thank you for your help knowledge advice and tips. Lash lift it will be, only wished i had done it sooner.
Many thanks Donna

You won’t regret it, it’s one of my most popular treatments [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back