Lash lift - what went wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joats

Reaction score
Hi, I've just had my first lash lift this afternoon. When I left the salon, my lashes looked amazing! But by the time I'd finished my 60 second walk to the car, they were hideous! They're curling in alsorts of directions, look half the length they were and resting on my lids! The salon has offered me free lash extensions, which I'm not sure is the best solution!

[Moderator note: identity image removed]

Collage 2018-06-21 14_02_42.jpg

Last edited:
O God poor you. Looks to me like they are way over processed and they could have brought the solution right to the tips. Did they use rods? Get some castor oil and use it every night to try and get some moisture into them. iv seen lots like this with people who use ellebana because it's so strong.

I'm not even sure what she used tbh, I've never had it done before and she came highly recommended by several people! She said she's never seen it happen before. I've been putting my hair conditioner and argan oil on them. All afternoon, will get some caster oil tomorrow, thanks! I've also decided against her offer of free extensions and asked for a refund instead, I can't imagine adding extensions to these will make the situation any better.

I'm not even sure what she used tbh, I've never had it done before and she came highly recommended by several people! She said she's never seen it happen before. I've been putting my hair conditioner and argan oil on them. All afternoon, will get some caster oil tomorrow, thanks! I've also decided against her offer of free extensions and asked for a refund instead, I can't imagine adding extensions to these will make the situation any better.
God no defo don't put extensions on them. I'd say they need relaxing but I think that could just damage them even more.

My guess is these lashes are over processed and/or the lotions were not removed well enough between the perming and neutralizing stages.
Treat them carefully, by gently applying a lash conditioning product, and let them fully grow out before you consider doing any further lifts. ;)

They look over processed, maybe she didn’t remove properly inbetween the lifting and setting, good plan to not get the extensions, eyelashes grow pretty quickly so hopefully they will look a lot better soon

I would definitely not let them do extensions after they did this. Leave them well alone and brush them with a spoolie as they will start hurting if they twist round.

I did once successfully do a reversal as my client had absolutely huge long lower lashes and I genuinely thought they were top ones and lifted them. I have never seen any that long before. They looked amazing but we were like yeah better sort that! Did the lash lift again but upside down, only on lower lashes with top ones taped out the way and only for 3-5mins. They were perfect and no apparent damage. If you can find someone you trust to attempt finding a way to fix, it might be worth it if it's really bothering you.

I agree that it appears the solutions haven’t been completely removed.
I use elleebana and never had this problem so it’s nothing to do with that brand, more of a training issue.
They can be easily and quickly relaxed but I’d ensure the salon knows how to do it.

Latest posts

Back