Lash lift wouldn't take

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all! This is my first time posting to this site. I've been an esthetician for almost a decade. Late last year I did my Laser Hair removal course as well as my lash technician. I have a client that I performed a lash lift on last week. I use Sugarlash or Bio Touch usually and this particularly client I used the Bio Touch perming kit with a small Sugarlash silicone shield. I timed both eyes 10 mins for the perm solution and 8 min for yhe setting lotion. They looked great when she left but then she called us today and one of her eyes didn't work as well. She is coming in today so I can reperm them. I'm leary of redoing the perm as I'm worried she will be over treated. I have no clue what went wrong as the client states she she followed the proper aftercare instructions, didn't get them wet for 24 hours and didn't sleep on them. Any insight? Thanks all.

Did she have any tint on her lashes before hand? Eye lash tint can have a massive impact on how the perm works.
Even the type of eyeliner or eyeshadow she uses can effect it also, waterproof products generally reduce the life of tints and perms
Eye makeup removers will also do this as well as some facial cleanses and moisturisers.
There are so many factors that could have contributed to this happening, eyelashes are a very tricky thing to grasp, it could be as simple as their being some left over eye makeup on that wasn't properly removed before the tint or just natural oils or sweat. You need to make sure you properly cleanse the eye area with an oil free cleaner and ensure it is properly dried other wise the tint won't take
I hope this has helped a little bit

No advice but I also use sugarlash and dolly lash. Would love to hear the outcome in case this happens to me! Also what do you think about the sugar lash glue? I find my lashes come unglued so often with both sugarlash and dolly adhesive.

You should also be leaving the fixing lotion on for the same length of time as you have the curving lotion on [emoji106][emoji106]

Thanks for your reply. I always have clients come in bare faced and then I do an initial cleanse with a oil free eye makeup remover (Lash collection cleanser, great stuff) then I also do a rinse with saline and let dry. So my prep is down :) her lashes were quite course so I believe the issue was me not leaving the initial perming solution on long enough. They look great after I re did the lift. I only apples each solution for half the time as the lashes were already treated. Didnt fry them. Very pleased!

Did she have any tint on her lashes before hand? Eye lash tint can have a massive impact on how the perm works.
Even the type of eyeliner or eyeshadow she uses can effect it also, waterproof products generally reduce the life of tints and perms
Eye makeup removers will also do this as well as some facial cleanses and moisturisers.
There are so many factors that could have contributed to this happening, eyelashes are a very tricky thing to grasp, it could be as simple as their being some left over eye makeup on that wasn't properly removed before the tint or just natural oils or sweat. You need to make sure you properly cleanse the eye area with an oil free cleaner and ensure it is properly dried other wise the tint won't take
I hope this has helped a little bit
Thanks for your reply. I always have clients come in bare faced and then I do an initial cleanse with a oil free eye makeup remover (Lash collection cleanser, great stuff) then I also do a rinse with saline and let dry. So my prep is down :) her lashes were quite course so I believe the issue was me not leaving the initial perming solution on long enough. They look great after I re did the lift. I only apples each solution for half the time as the lashes were already treated. Didnt fry them. Very pleased!

No advice but I also use sugarlash and dolly lash. Would love to hear the outcome in case this happens to me! Also what do you think about the sugar lash glue? I find my lashes come unglued so often with both sugarlash and dolly adhesive.

I do find some of them come unglued...it's frustrating but using a toothpick to apply the all the solutions, glue included has made a big difference as I find it doesn't take off what I put on as much...does that make sense?

I do find some of them come unglued...it's frustrating but using a toothpick to apply the all the solutions, glue included has made a big difference as I find it doesn't take off what I put on as much...does that make sense?
Yup, I use an orange wood stick and then sometimes half through the processing time I pop a piece of tape over them to hold the escaped lashes back into the lift. I feel like the dolly glue and the sugarlash glue are practically the same product. I'm thinking of trying the plastic wrap over the lashes with the pillow on top.

I ended up putting small warm bag (like a small one with rice inside not heated of course) over my clients eyes when she had the solutions on. Worked so well!!

Hi ladies, please can I just confirm what aftercare advice you give your lash lift clients. My is basically not to get them wet or even come into contact with steam and no rubbing for the first 24 hours... Am I correct in thinking after 24 hours you can treat them as you would normal lashes? My clients are always super happy with the results but you know when you just have one of those funny five minutes when you think... Am I definitely giving all the best advice I can! Thanks in advance!!

A client of mine Tinted her lashes the day before her recent lashlift, wiukdcthis of had any impact on the result?

When I trained we weren't told to not get the lashes wet?

Hi ladies, please can I just confirm what aftercare advice you give your lash lift clients. My is basically not to get them wet or even come into contact with steam and no rubbing for the first 24 hours... Am I correct in thinking after 24 hours you can treat them as you would normal lashes? My clients are always super happy with the results but you know when you just have one of those funny five minutes when you think... Am I definitely giving all the best advice I can! Thanks in advance!!
I recently trained and was told exactly the same almost word for word.

Latest posts

Back