Lash lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammy2910

Reaction score
Hi all. Getting mixed results with lash lift. Ive been Salon Services trained, & use their products.
Yesterday I had a lady that uses lash curlers daily. She wasn’t happy with the result. I wasn’t either, to be honest. But the treatment went well from a technical point of view.
I’m wondering if the curlers she uses every day might have in some way damaged her lashes?
Also please. Any hints on position & tools used for covering lower lashes?
The Vaseline stick on ones - seem to move around a bit mid treatment. And I end up being able to see bottom lashes. I don’t think you can tint well either, once they’ve been covered.
The self adhesive ones,not only are they massive!!!! Once they’ve closed their eyes & relaxed. Seem too far up. & interfere with me getting to top lashes.
Yesterday I did this set. I’ll pop a pic on. Now, the right one, as we’re looking at it .... I was worried about the silicon curler, as there was a small gap. I didn’t get as close to the lash as I wanted. Left was fine.
I was up against time so crossed everything & hoped for the best.
These are on offer now. I do explain that it’s new to me & I need models etc.
But I was so shocked when I finished. The right one, with the gap! Looked amazing. Better than the left .
Any guidance much appreciated re all of this.
Thank you.
Can’t attach a pic. Says file is too large :-(

I wouldnt use vaseline around the eyes when you are trying to do a lash lift.
Either the anti-wrinkle gel pads (thin) work well or you can use tape for stroppy lower lashes and then place the pads a bit lower.

I cant pass comment on the salon services lash lift system but generally if you have a reliable outcome and then all of a sudden it isnt, it would mean that something has changed. Even though lash lifting isnt rocket science it tends to be the tiny things that will have a huge impact. Sometimes its too much adhesive or if you have not used a primer beforehand. Other times it can be how the lashes are aligned on the shield (if they are not straight or next to each other) or if the solution isnt worked into the roots. Keep an eye on the placement of the shields too as it can affect the outcome if they are not close enough to the lash line x

Do you cleanse before you lift? I hardly ever use the under eye pads as I find clients move their eyes more with them, just be careful not to lift the lower lashes. I would 100% stay away from Vaseline, if you want to use under eye patches i have used the marvelash gel patches and they are ok. Also how are you cleaning the product off?

Do you cleanse before you lift? I hardly ever use the under eye pads as I find clients move their eyes more with them, just be careful not to lift the lower lashes. I would 100% stay away from Vaseline, if you want to use under eye patches i have used the marvelash gel patches and they are ok. Also how are you cleaning the product off?

Hi. I always cleanse using the cleanser in the kit. I didn’t use Vaseline. I’ll not try that again. I’d be a little worried about stabbing them in the eye tho [emoji85] without under eye pads. Whilst trying to separate them. Is it easy? I clean product off with nourishing gel. But I do clear tint off with water. That’s what they told us in training & in the manual. I have read in here tho, not too. How is the tan removed without water?
Thank you for the reply. Appreciate it.

Hi. I always cleanse using the cleanser in the kit. I didn’t use Vaseline. I’ll not try that again. I’d be a little worried about stabbing them in the eye tho [emoji85] without under eye pads. Whilst trying to separate them. Is it easy? I clean product off with nourishing gel. But I do clear tint off with water. That’s what they told us in training & in the manual. I have read in here tho, not too. How is the tan removed without water?
Thank you for the reply. Appreciate it.

It’s pretty much the same, I wouldn’t worry about the undereye pads too much they don’t sound like your problem. When you place the lashes onto your shields are you pulling on the skin to try get to the roots or do you just leave the lid sitting nicely as it is and just gently placing the lashes onto the shield? I don’t know if that makes sense!

Water is fine as long as you don’t totally drench the lashes

Probably the second option to be fair. I’m still learning. Been doing it a month or so.
Pulling the lashes up firmly so they pull on the skin. Is that the best way? I’m thinking that I don’t wanna hurt someone [emoji85]

Probably the second option to be fair. I’m still learning. Been doing it a month or so.
Pulling the lashes up firmly so they pull on the skin. Is that the best way? I’m thinking that I don’t wanna hurt someone [emoji85]

You want to put the lashes on the shield without pulling back on the skin to get to the root. I’ll send you my video of how I put mine onto the shields and you can see if that helps at all

If you have only trained a month ago I would go back to the trainer and ask for help as it sounds like it would help you to run through the application again. It’s so easy to pick up bad habits and they are hard to shake off. Your trainer should be able to help you x

Latest posts

Back