Lash lifting – patch tests

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgiamarielashes

Reaction score
I'm just curious to how everyone else does their patch testing? I dot each product on the clients inner arm, and some people tend to mix up all their products in one dish and dot that on the arm... I just feel a bit reluctant to do that, as I won't know which products they've reacted badly to.

Does anyone else do it that way? I'm just curious to see how others work and if there's any tips?

Thanks!

I do behind the ear, for eye treatments. I have found some clients seem to be fine and have no reaction on their arm, but as the skin behind the ear seems to be more sensitive, and it was how I was trained at college.

I do behind the ear, for eye treatments. I have found some clients seem to be fine and have no reaction on their arm, but as the skin behind the ear seems to be more sensitive, and it was how I was trained at college.
Good idea! I think I might do that in future. Thanks

Follow training and product guidelines. If anything were to happen and you patch tested a different way, insurance will not cover you. X

I agree that it is best to do the patch test with the products separately behind the ear, that way you will be able to see if your client is reacting to any of the products. Remember to also patch test the tint if that is part of your treatment x

I agree that it is best to do the patch test with the products separately behind the ear, that way you will be able to see if your client is reacting to any of the products. Remember to also patch test the tint if that is part of your treatment x
Okay thank you! And how far in advance is wise for patch testing? Does it have to be exactly 48 hours before (if my insurance says so) or can it be a few weeks prior to treatment? I'm new to this and want to make sure I'm doing things correctly. x

Okay thank you! And how far in advance is wise for patch testing? Does it have to be exactly 48 hours before (if my insurance says so) or can it be a few weeks prior to treatment? I'm new to this and want to make sure I'm doing things correctly. x
We generally advise minimum of 24-48 hours but if your insurance states 48 hours then you would need to comply with that as they are the ones who will cover you if anything goes wrong (which we dont hope!)

I do behind the ear. Tint behind the right. Lift products behind the left. That way you could still lift without tint or vice versa if they reacted as you would know which it was

Latest posts

Back