Lash lifts not going right

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahAcacia

Reaction score
Hello, I’m new to lash lifts & have only done 3 so far.
The first one I did whilst I was training went well & the client was happy with the results.
The next 2 I've done haven’t gone well at all, the first one I think that I used a shield that was too small & the lashes curled in on themselves too much.
I then did a second one & it went really well, when the client left her lashes looked great. But I’ve just asked for a photo of her lashes & they’ve gone all funny. Some have completely curled over & are stuck to her eyelid. I don’t know what could have gone wrong & it’s really knocked my confidence. I’ve asked her if she sleeps on her front or if she got them wet in the first 24 hours but she said she didn’t. Has anyone got any advice as to what may have gone wrong? I have attached photos of the lift when I first did it & then the photo from 5 days later.

Attachments

• 5BBE1686-E14C-46C1-97AB-ABACF9AC62CD.jpeg
    5BBE1686-E14C-46C1-97AB-ABACF9AC62CD.jpeg
    719.2 KB · Views: 62
  • A748057F-2B51-4830-997A-7AA42944E844.jpeg
    A748057F-2B51-4830-997A-7AA42944E844.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 56
Has she slept on her front rather than on her back?
Got them wet within the first 24 hours? Worn waterproof mascara which needed a harsh removal?
How long after the lift did she notice the eyelashes changing direction?
Have you followed exactly to the letter how long the neutraliser was left on?
Those are my thoughts.

It sounds like you might have not left the fixing solution on long enough to fix the new hair structure, that is why the lashes are either continuing to curl or reverting back to their previous shape x

Thank you for your suggestions. I have asked her if she sleeps on her front & if she got them wet & she’s said not.
I am using airlift, and I left no.1 & no.2 on for 7 mins each. Should I reduce the time for no.1 & increase the timings for no.2 next time? I thought maybe I’d over processed them but maybe I didn’t leave the no.2 on for long enough. It’s so difficult to know what’s gone wrong.

Thank you for your suggestions. I have asked her if she sleeps on her front & if she got them wet & she’s said not.
I am using airlift, and I left no.1 & no.2 on for 7 mins each. Should I reduce the time for no.1 & increase the timings for no.2 next time? I thought maybe I’d over processed them but maybe I didn’t leave the no.2 on for long enough. It’s so difficult to know what’s gone wrong.

Maybe contact airlift as they will be able to help with the timings?

Don't do guesswork, find out exactly your recommended timings are and that should stop this from happening again. My system is a slower one so mines 12/13/14/15 minutes for both so not like yours.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back