Lash perming and tinting on same day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millyspook

Reaction score
What do other geeks do. I was told not to on my training even though we did both on the day and it hasn't had any adverse effect on me!

Any reason why I can't ? I'm mobile which is why it would be easier for me to do both.

I was taught to perm first and then tint as the perming solution would remove some of the colour of the tint if the tint was done first.
I did my training for this at the end of May this year x

deleted my reply lol baby crying and got my words jumbled up then realised what i had done..second poster is right!:D

deleted my reply lol baby crying and got my words jumbled up then realised what i had done..second poster is right!:D

I've just put mine in his cot so I am able to string my words together for an hour or so now ; )

Yip. I do lots of lash lifts and tints together. Perm first then tint. You shouldn't have any problems. Just make sure all perming products are removed before you start tinting

I was never told you couldnt do it the same day. We were just taught to perm and then tint for a couple of reasons.

I trained in lvl lashes a couple of weeks ago and we were taught to do both during the treatment, as elliebee said just be sure to remove the perming solution first. X :)

Yes, colleges teach perming first and then 24-48hrs tinting but in a salon is perming first and tinting afterwards. Just make sure, you put on the consultation card what patch test you did on which arm. Tint test and perm test (all products). As mentioned before, make sure all perming products are removed thoroughly.

I have completed my LVL training and yes the tinting is done during the procedure. As long as you ensure there is no water in contact with the hairs whilst you tint then there shouldn't be a problem. :)

Tinting after perming is absolutely fine...and to be honest sets off the perm effect and stops clients wanting to use mascara, the whole point of getting a perm :lol:
The perming lotions etc should not be in contact with the ends of the lashes during the treatment, which would tend to be the dry area and the margin of lash affected by lotions (if done correctly) is so small tinting wont do any harm...if in doubt at all just reduce your tinting development time slightly and remember to advise the client the perm will outlive the tint by a few weeks.
I was a trainer in eyelash perming for years and never had any problems doing the 2 the same day.

Sarahjane: what is the difference between lvl and perming??

LVL is length, volume and lift - silicone shields are used instead of perming rods.

Perming rods can make lashes (especially long ones) curl back on themselves so they look shorter.

LVL makes them look so much longer - I had it done on my training last week - I love it!

You also don't need to leave the tint on as long as you would when not doing the perm first. They tint very quickly as the Cuticle on the lash hair has opened/ softened from Perming. Also I feel you achieve a really good result with tinting directly after you perm the lashes. Hth

Latest posts

Back