Lash re-perm, how soon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba82

Reaction score
I did a lash perm today but as it was the clients 1st time I only let the perm develop for 10mins as didn't want to over-process her lashes but although they did curl it wasn't enough iykwim, she was happy but I wasn't lol so am wondering how soon after a lash perm can you re-perm them if you don't get the desired result??

I've never come across resistant lashes before although I know they exist

Just to be safe I would call the company and let them advise you!!

Jacqui xx

Thanks Jacqui, I will call them in the morn, just wondered if anyone on here knew, you know what its like when something niggles at you, you want an answer straight away, well at least I do lol ;)

If they just didn't take I would say you could do it again within the first week.

If they have taken but not very much then maybe after a month.

The problem you could face is if they go crinkley because they have been over exposed.

I am curious to know how they advise you.

Jacqui xx

Something in my head is saying 4 weeks, but I don't know if that was something I was told in college or a gut feeling. I would definitely agree with the above and call the supplier. x

That's exactly it, I don't want to over process them, not like you can trim off the damage like you can with hair is it ;)

Will let you know what supplier says

I trained so long ago & never came up against this prob that I just can't remember what we were taught about re-perming :/

I'm sure that I was taught that lashes would probably need to be permed again after 4 weeks.
Not sure if it would be good for them to perm again before that.
I have a client who gets lashes tinted every 3 weeks as she's very blonde, but wouldn't risk it with perming. :)

Spoke to the supplier/company & they said if they don't take then leave it 24-48hrs before re-perming.

Have the client booked for a lash tint tomorrow so will see if she would like them re-permed or if she's happy with them as they are

Hi, I did a lash perm and one side didn't take ... so I re-did them a couple of days later and had no problems x:)

Thanks pinkgirlie, fingers crossed ;)

Latest posts

Back