Lash removal and lash lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balance Andover

Reaction score
Hello!

Some advice please.

I patch tested a new client on Monday evening for lash lift and tint, it was booked a couple of weeks ago and she explained to me at the time of booking both appointments that she has semi-permanent lash extensions on and would be having them removed.

I saw the client, performed her patch test and had a look at her eyes, I ask how long she had had been having the lash extensions done and she said since Christmas time last year, she said that in the past some had come out and had taken her own lashes as well and that some had four lashes attached to her natural lash, and has had them infilled as well, so my first thought is that she has had cluster lashes applied as semi-permanent. She had mascara on and to me they looked like clusters.

I asked how she got them done and she told me that someone came to her house but she was fully qualified and that she mentioned that she assessed other students so knew what she was doing.

I told her at the patch test that I was concerned that she may have some damage to the natural lash and that If I feel that I could not carry out the treatment then I would advise her to leave them and apply nourishing lotion twice a day until they had returned to a good condition, then I would happily do the lash lift and tint then.

She was having them removed by the therapist the next day (yesterday) and I asked her to send me a photo when they had been removed. She has sent me a message to say that she has been told to buy some remover and take them off herself as she has been let down by the lady who applied them. I am now even more concerned as she is doing this today and I am seeing her this evening.

My instinct is telling me now to definitely not carry out the treatment! I don't do semi permanent lashes so some advice would be helpful.

Thank you

Michelle x

Last edited:
I did a lash lift on a lady once who had just removed semi-permanent lashes and her natural lashes were stiff and wouldnt stay on the pads. There were bits of dried glue left aswell. i dont do falsh lashes either and ended up getting her some remover from sallys to disolve the glue and did her lift two weeks later.

This isnt much help but just so you know whst to maybe expect. Hopefully someone else can advise you or maybe give the training provider a call x

I did a lash lift on a lady once who had just removed semi-permanent lashes and her natural lashes were stiff and wouldnt stay on the pads. There were bits of dried glue left aswell. i dont do falsh lashes either and ended up getting her some remover from sallys to disolve the glue and did her lift two weeks later.

This isnt much help but just so you know whst to maybe expect. Hopefully someone else can advise you or maybe give the training provider a call x

Thank you Boop!

The client has called to say that her natural lashes are very short, I've given her some care advice and I will take a look in a couple of weeks to see the condition then.

Many thanks

Michelle

Latest posts

Back