Lash retention advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vivianlyyy

Reaction score
I’m using London lash pro, lady bond and it’s been giving me great rentention over the summer with some lasting up to 5 weeks. However this month of September has been awful, girls lashes arent lasting over one week. I’ve changed to power bond this month as I need something that drys quicker but I’m not finding it does that at all and my humidity is higher then before but it’s still within power bonds guideline of 50-65%. I also changed to London lash primer. Since the retention was bad I swapped everything back to lady bond but it’s still happening! What am I doing wrong?

humidity has been n the 70s so lashes will not stay on very well

I used lady bond in the summer as it’s a slower glue and I use flexie in the winter as it’s faster and covers a wider range of conditions. I wouldn’t use any primer as it’s only meant to be for oily lashes. It will dry your clients lashes out and retention will be awful.
As it’s gotten cooler maybe hold the lash down for a few seconds so you get a full bond. It could be that it’s cooler so taking a while to set , your letting go too early and it hasn’t grabbed properly, power bond is super fast so with it being warmish could be setting before you hit the lash ?

Hi,
Most retention issues are caused by the following:

• Lash Artist working with a new glue – have not yet understood the workability of the new adhesive.
  • Failing to control temperature and humidity
  • Not refreshing your adhesive often enough
  • Too little adhesive used (this is very common)
  • Incorrect attachment
  • Not working quick enough for that adhesive
  • Extensions too long or too heavy for the NL
  • In correct preparation of the lashes or using non-lash products
  • Oily clients
  • Clients failing to follow aftercare correctly
  • Clients using high strength creams, hair products, heavy makeup etc.
  • Clients taking oily supplements for skin and hair
  • Clients sleeping on their faces – although they will rarely admit this.
Work through these and see if you can identify what may be the issue. What are your temperature and humidity levels? Are you classic or volume lashing?

Latest posts

Back