Lash retention help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura95

Reaction score
I’m so stressed. I just don’t know what else to do to improve my retention. I use an oil free make up remover, then prime the lashes, I’m 99.9% sure the way I’m applying the lashes is correct (I’m doing it how I was trained anyway), I’m drying the lashes after and I’ve even just bought the superbonder! I’m using flirties glue which I’ve heard great things about. The only thing I can think of now is the fact that I’m sort of mobile. My normal job requires me to travel so I do them wherever I am at the time so I’m never set for long periods of time. I use a little hydrometer to test the conditions of the room before I start but could it be that the glue in my case is constantly changing temp from when I’m travelling? So having it in my car (I never leave it in there over night) then taking it into accommodations but not always being able to control them temp. I literally don’t know what else to do and it’s so disheartening it makes me feel rubbish at what I do! Any help is greatly appreciated!

The fluctuations in temp and humidity could have an effect, also what are you storing the adhesive in?

Your application might not be the issue but if all clients are having the same issue it might have something to do with the conditions or the actual adhesive you are using. If you are new to lashes it is better to stick with a slightly slower adhesive and when you get more experience you tend to move up in speed. It does depend on the room conditions though so you might have to change the adhesive or adapt the way you work and this might help you get better results?

The fluctuations in temp and humidity could have an effect, also what are you storing the adhesive in?

I don’t know how to control the temp and humidity when I’m travelling is so hard!
I’m storing it in a bag that I bought off flirties it seals at the top and had moisture beads in

I don’t know how to control the temp and humidity when I’m travelling is so hard!
I’m storing it in a bag that I bought off flirties it seals at the top and had moisture beads in

There great and exactly what you should store in, maybe get an airtight container too? I’m personally not mobile but it’s worth getting some opinions on what others do x

Your application might not be the issue but if all clients are having the same issue it might have something to do with the conditions or the actual adhesive you are using. If you are new to lashes it is better to stick with a slightly slower adhesive and when you get more experience you tend to move up in speed. It does depend on the room conditions though so you might have to change the adhesive or adapt the way you work and this might help you get better results?

I’m really starting to think it must be the room conditions it’s just so hard to control that when you’re mobile I don’t know what to do about it, it’s so disheartening!

I’m really starting to think it must be the room conditions it’s just so hard to control that when you’re mobile I don’t know what to do about it, it’s so disheartening!

Dont be too hard on yourself, there is still things you can do so dont give up! The conditions arent that bad that you cant lash but you just might need to either adapt what you do or how you work. I know it seems a bit difficult but with time you will get more experienced and find it easier to read the signs and tweak your application accordingly x

I switched from using flirties because although many people raved about it I did find it to be very very sensitive to its conditions and therefore not reliable enough for me. Sometimes my clients would go 4 weeks between fills, sometimes come back after one with barely any left! Now I use a glue called Banana Miracle and it’s a lot more adaptable and I don’t have to worry about retention issues (which i know is horrible because you feel so helpless! I literally used to have sleepless nights ahaha) You’ll figure it out hun, just keep tweaking things and trying to troubleshoot. xx

I switched from using flirties because although many people raved about it I did find it to be very very sensitive to its conditions and therefore not reliable enough for me. Sometimes my clients would go 4 weeks between fills, sometimes come back after one with barely any left! Now I use a glue called Banana Miracle and it’s a lot more adaptable and I don’t have to worry about retention issues (which i know is horrible because you feel so helpless! I literally used to have sleepless nights ahaha) You’ll figure it out hun, just keep tweaking things and trying to troubleshoot. xx
This is really helpful thank you so much x

As a mobile tech it does become very stressful wondering how the lashes will last, I would advise working from a fresh bead of glue every 10 mins if the humidity is sitting pretty high, as by doing this you are using the adhesive at its best. The longer the bead of glue is sat within the atmosphere the weaker If becomes as the cyanoacrylate cures. I always advise our students to refresh refresh refresh! By the end of a treatment there would be at least 6-8 glue spots on the jade stone. Also steer away from super fast adhesives in warmer months, we aren’t miracle workers as such if your glue dries in 1-2 seconds working on the eye closest to the jade stone isn’t a problem but working on the eye furthest away looses a second of that time. The lash may be stuck but not to its best. Always stock a medium glue so you have a plan B Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back