SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsWilsonBee

Reaction score
Hi
My colleague has recently become sensitive to lashing - we use Power adhesive from Luxury Eye. Her eyelid swells and becomes really itchy. It’s only the one eye but it is quite bad. She does not wear lash extensions and is a glasses wearer so has a slightly reduced exposure. Antihistamines do reduce the reaction but this is not a solution.
Any advice on the effectiveness of extraction units?
Which adhesive to try? This is a nightmare as she loves lashing and we have clients booked in weeks in advance - HELP??? TIA

Now that she’s developed an allergy, the symptoms are likely to get worse with repeated exposure.
Is she touching the adhesive with her fingers or wearing gloves?
I’d try a different brand of adhesive in the first instance.

Now that she’s developed an allergy, the symptoms are likely to get worse with repeated exposure.
Is she touching the adhesive with her fingers or wearing gloves?
I’d try a different brand of adhesive in the first instance.
Hi - Thank you. No, she doesn't touch the adhesive, it doesn't come into contact with her skin, it is literally from inhalation and fumes being present in the room. We both work with the window open too.
I'm afraid that this is her lash career over. We are waiting for Luxury Eye to come back to us with advice as to which adhesive to try as an alternative. Can you recommend any?

Most, if not all of these adhesives contain Cyanoacrylate which is basically superglue. We had a lady that was applying this glue in an electronics factory in a small "booth" and was having many days off sick. Her employer bought a ravair wall mounted fume extractor and placed it on the desk in front of her, his testimonial is below. This is the same type of glue, check out the website www.ravair.co.uk.

"I have just spoken to the lady who uses it and she says it’s working very well.
She used to cough and splutter a lot leading to several days off. So far she’s
had no repeats of this. Her main duties are gluing and soldering. All I can say
is so far so good and I’m happy to endorse the product."
Best
regards,
Nick

Nick Shephard | Director
LS Electronics Group Ltd.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back