lash tint help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanley

Reaction score
hya, can anyone help me, i not long finished my college course last may, and have now set up a home salon doing beauty and nails. i have a couple of clients who wanted lash tint . the tint went on very well and didnt go in the eye, its when i take the tint off it seems to go in the clients eyes. i allways make sure that the cotton pads are damp and not wet i aways support the eye and always tell the client to keep her eyes closed. where am i going wrong? please help:confused::)

I am sure this still happens to everyone on occasion. Just make sure really work on the eye making sure as much of it is off as possible, then i usually get the client to open there eyes slowly and tell them not to worry if it nips abit so they dont panic if it does and catch any tint that is in the bottom lid. Dont worry its just practice, and make sure you are not putting to much tint on i sometimes do and thats when i get nipping.

Hope that helps xx

Hi,
could you be overloading the lashes with tint? Some of my students do this!

Put your tint on throughly but dont overlaod the lashes. You should find removal easier.

Run a dry cotton bud along the lash line to check you have all last traces off.

Hope this helps?
xxx:hug:

Hiya, Iv just done my tinting course and I was told to pinch the cotton pad that is resting on top of the lashes along with the pad underneath, pinch and swipe to the side, and then swipe with damp cotton pads, did my first one yesterday and worked perfect, sorry if Im telling you how to suck eggs!!! hope it helps xx

Hiya, Iv just done my tinting course and I was told to pinch the cotton pad that is resting on top of the lashes along with the pad underneath, pinch and swipe to the side, and then swipe with damp cotton pads, did my first one yesterday and worked perfect, sorry if Im telling you how to suck eggs!!! hope it helps xx

This is exactly how i do it, and my clients have never had any stinging xxx

hya, im already doing this as i was tought the same way. i could do it perfect at collage but for sum reason on the last 2 tints i got tint in one eye. i make sure that the tint is not overloaded on the lashes as i must admit i looked over my college notes and maybe thats what i was doin wrong so the second tint i made sure not to overload but still got tint in the eye i make sure cotton pads are damp and not wet . i just dont no what im doing wrong.
its just so frustating when i know i can do it. xx

I also have a little plastic bowl on my area with cool water and a cotton pad in it. I use this after any tinting once I have cleaned off all the remaining tint. I haven't got tint in anyones eye,, but my clients really like the coolness after having their tint treatment. This could help.
I get them to turn their head, place the little bowl under the eye and drizzle the cool water over the closed eye. PLace a damp pad on after and do other eye.
xx

also it may help to get them to sit up before opening their eyes, if you have any tint residue left on the lower lids this wont go in their eyes and you can clean it off whilst they sit up - just a thought :lol:

hey there,

I remove majority of tint with the pad and then i use a cotton bud (one for each eye) to remove any tint left on (while the eyes are still closed).

When i ask the client to open eyes i always get them to look upwards then that way if there is any tint on lower rim i can quickly remove this with a cotton bud. I hardly ever get any "stingers" Hope this helps

I always give them 2 damp cotton pads and get them to rub their own eyes after I have removed all that I can, they will rub their eyes a lot harder than I will and can then get any off if there is any left. hth
Claire x

Latest posts

Back