Lash tint on strawberry blonde lashes not lasting, quick help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I had a client the other day with light strawberry blonde colouring. We did a lash lift and tint and brow wax and tint and the effect afterwards was real wow factor. Two days later the tint has almost faded to nothing. I remember having problems ages ago with a couple of ladies with similar colouring ... is this a thing?

I’ve invited her back for a retint today as I’m on holiday next week, any reason why I shouldn’t tint again? Also would you leave the tint on (refectocil) longer than the recommended 10 mins or might this cause damage? The last thing I want to do is make anything worse.

Prompt answers really appreciated thank you before mid afternoon if poss! [emoji8]thank you

Sorry, I don’t know about lash tinting but... naturally red hair can be tricky to colour and usually needs bleaching if they want to go lighter as the tint alone doesn’t do much whereas it would be perfectly fine on someone with light brown hair.

Thanks AcidPerm. We’re after going slightly darker with the brows, a light natural warm brown, trying to match the colour she does them with make up.

I wonder if lightening first would work and then tinting would work

Will wait for further advice on here and may ask refectocil direct actually but thought would get a quicker response on herr! Thank you

I've a lady that has trouble retaining the tint - I go a darker shade and leave it on for 20 mins - seems to last better but every client is different.
Explain to them about pigment in hair etc so they understand the process, then if tinting isn't going to work for them, then they see why. Then you advise them on brow pencils.
I sell the Ardell brow pencils (the ones with the wand on the other end) which are brill for the clients who can't retain brow tint.

Thank you CFBS. The Ardell ones are good aren’t they.
I used blue black on the lashes which is the darkest. I guess there’s always mascara .... at least the lift has taken ok!!

Just heard back from refectocil really quickly
In case it helps anyone else I’ll paste it here

Hi! There should be no problem with colouring strawberry blonde hair. Please check with your customer, wether she used some kind of oily product before her appointment, that could be a possible cause for it not working. Re-tinting today and leaving the product on slightly longer should not be a problem.[emoji4] Best regards, your RefectoCil Team

So we’ll see how we go today, maybe a longer time will help. Thanks for the replies x

Hi! There should be no problem with colouring strawberry blonde hair. Please check with your customer, wether she used some kind of oily product before her appointment, that could be a possible cause for it not working. Re-tinting today and leaving the product on slightly longer should not be a problem.[emoji4] Best regards, your RefectoCil Team

So we’ll see how we go today, maybe a longer time will help. Thanks for the replies x

Just another thought - use pure black rather than the blue-black mix. Might hold better. (just tell client it's a darker shade ;) )
Also... If you've just done the lifting process (which worked!) before tinting the lashes, there would not be any oil residue left. And I'm sure you would have cleaned the brow hairs prior to tinting too.
Hope it works this time!!

Just another thought - use pure black rather than the blue-black mix. Might hold better. (just tell client it's a darker shade ;) )
Also... If you've just done the lifting process (which worked!) before tinting the lashes, there would not be any oil residue left. And I'm sure you would have cleaned the brow hairs prior to tinting too.
Hope it works this time!!

Thank you [emoji4]

I am so sorry to have been no use to you today but I am glad you have had some much needed help !
My strawberry blonde clients have such terribly resistant eyelash / brow hairs. Like CFBS I leave on for around 20 mins and mix half black with half blue /black to get a deeper shade. Also more frequent tinting will give progressively better colour if done every 4 weeks or so.

Eyebrows are not as difficult to tint , but they still need nearly twice as long and a shade darker than what they really want.

I know this was not your OP but :-
I also have a client with really blonde lashes....complete night mare ! Her lashes turned emerald green with blue/ back tint, so I re did them to counteract the colour with brown/black and just to say they went darker than blonde ha ha ...but not truly blue black. She and I lived to tell the tale and laughed about it afterwards.

Enjoy your holiday ...a well earned rest xx

I wondered if they were going to recommend using their bleach to lighten the hair first. Even though strawberry blonde is obviously light to start with, I remember on my training being told the bleach helps the colour to take better. I hope it worked better this afternoon.

I’m not sure I could face bleaching her lashes first - what if the tint didn’t take and they’d look peculiar [emoji15]
Thanks for all the help though. I’ll be following up how successful it was this time (I left it 15 mins but it was blue black as I didn’t read these posts till just afterwards)
But I’ll be trying some of these tips if it didn’t work out, thanks again

I’m not sure I could face bleaching her lashes first - what if the tint didn’t take and they’d look peculiar [emoji15]
Thanks for all the help though. I’ll be following up how successful it was this time (I left it 15 mins but it was blue black as I didn’t read these posts till just afterwards)
But I’ll be trying some of these tips if it didn’t work out, thanks again

I'll be perfectly honest with you, I've never dared use the bleach on anyones eyelashes or brows since I trained in it either!

Latest posts

Back