lash tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolita

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to add lash and brow tinting to my services, however when I have searched for brands, the ones I have found recommend doing a patch test before every single service. My insurance has a minimum requirement (before initial the initial service, after any changes in medical history, every 12 months and if I change brands etc) but also says that if stricter measures are recommended by the brand I am using, then I have to follow those. Some of my clients come from quite far away so won't want to make the same trip within a few days for every lash tint. Can anyone recommend a brand I could use or is this the case with all of them? If so, I would still appreciate any recommendations. Thank you.

Does anyone know if this is the case with Beautiful Brows and Lashes Tint. It isn't that clear on their website.

No client will continually have a patch test 48 hours before each and every appointment. I don't know any salon doing this.

My insurance is with Balens I'll ring them about it.

Could you ask insurance about doing one patch test, then signing a waiver with clients saying they agree to go ahead with future appts? Or even a waiver saying Client agrees to go ahead without patch test (at clients choice to sign)?

Could you ask insurance about doing one patch test, then signing a small kitchen knives with clients saying they agree to go ahead with future appts? Or even a waiver saying Client agrees to go ahead without patch testTennis Betting Telegram Channel | Telegrambetting.club (at clients choice to sign)?

Hi there! I think it’s a great idea to ask your insurance provider about doing one patch test and having your clients sign a waiver to agree to future appointments. It’s always important to make sure that the safety and well-being of your clients is the top priority, and taking these extra precautions is a great way to do that!

Last edited:
Hi, I am looking to add lash and brow tinting to my services, however when I have searched for brands, the ones I have found recommend doing a patch test before every single service. My insurance has a minimum requirement (before initial the initial service, after any changes in medical history, every 12 months and if I change brands etc) but also says that if stricter measures are recommended by the brand I am using, then I have to follow those. Some of my clients come from quite far away so won't want to make the same trip within a few days for every lash tint. Can anyone recommend a brand I could use or is this the case with all of them? If so, I would still appreciate any recommendations. Thank you.

Hi Nicolita

Which brand did you decide on?

I rate Beautiful Brows and Lashes products highly - their Lash Bomb Lash Lift is excellent and their tints are high quality. But the tints only have a 3 month use by date on them ... so i am continually throwing away part used tubes. It's just so wasteful. Beautiful Brows are patch test every 6 months (not before every treatment).

I am thinking of switching to Refectocil. I've researched various tints and this gets good reviews - another Beautician friend highly recommends Refectocil too.

It has a 12m use by date from opening tube the only other one I've found that is 12m is Salon System tints, which I've used years ago and didn't rate them. Hairwell tints are 6m. Zola is 3m. Nikk Mole is 6m (Zola and Nikk Mole are hybrid tints, which TBH I don't really know much about do will stick with normal tints I was trained on).

The Refectocil website states the following about allergy/patch testing :- recommend an allergy test (Patch test) 48-72 hours before the first application as well as after long periods without tinting. Instructions: Mix 1 cm of RefectoCil eyelash & eyebrow tint with 5 drops of RefectoCil Oxidant liquid or 8-10 drops of RefectoCil Oxidant cream. Apply a small amount to a small area on the inner bend of the elbow or behind the ear. Allow to dry and leave uncovered for 48-72 hours, then clean thoroughly. If any irritation occurs during this time do not carry out the treatment. Refectocil

Does anyone else use Refectocil?

Has anyone found other brands that have 12m use by/open from dates on?

Thanks Claire

Hi Nicolita

I rate Beautiful Brows and Lashes products highly - their Lash Bomb Lash Lift is excellent and their tints are high quality. But the tints only have a 3 month use by date on them ... so i am continually throwing away part used tubes. It's just so wasteful. Beautiful Brows are patch test every 6 months (not before every treatment).

I am thinking of switching to Refectocil. I've researched various tints and this gets good reviews - another Beautician friend highly recommends Refectocil too.

It has a 12m use by date from opening tube the only other one I've found that is 12m is Salon System tints, which I've used years ago and didn't rate them. Hairwell tints are 6m. Zola is 3m. Nikk Mole is 6m (Zola and Nikk Mole are hybrid tints, which TBH I don't really know much about do will stick with normal tints I was trained on).

The Refectocil website states the following about allergy/patch testing :- recommend an allergy test (Patch test) 48-72 hours before the first application as well as after long periods without tinting. Instructions: Mix 1 cm of RefectoCil eyelash & eyebrow tint with 5 drops of RefectoCil Oxidant liquid or 8-10 drops of RefectoCil Oxidant cream. Apply a small amount to a small area on the inner bend of the elbow or behind the ear. Allow to dry and leave uncovered for 48-72 hours, then clean thoroughly. If any irritation occurs during this time do not carry out the treatment. Refectocil

Thanks Claire
Hi Nicolita

Thanks Claire
Hi, I put it on the back burner for now until I could sort it properly. I’ve also heard good things about RefectoCil but read somewhere that what was on the leaflets inside the box is not the same as on the website and they have changed things since COVID. Obviously this may be hearsay so I need to find out properly. Another company I am interested in looking at is Elleebana but i have no information yet.

I may ring Refectocil.

Who do you currently use?

I'll check out Elleebana...

I may ring Refectocil.

Who do you currently use?

I'll check out Elleebana...
I’m not doing them at the minute. I put it all on the back burner when it was taking a lot time to try to find out what was going on. At the time I had a lot going on in my life so it was an extra complication that I didn’t need. I will continue the hunt though now, you’ve got me fired up about it again 😂. I’ll keep you posted if I find any new information.

Salon System is the contact details given on Refectocil International website for Great Britain. I rang them today and asked about Patch Tests. They sent me this information - so for Refectocil it is okay - doesn't have to be a Patch Test before every treatment. I have tried the tint and it is very good, so i'm going with them and switching from Beautiful Brows, so I don't have to throw away tubes every 3 months.

Attachments

• RefectocilPatchTestInfo.jpg
    RefectocilPatchTestInfo.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 0
Salon System is the contact details given on Refectocil International website for Great Britain. I rang them today and asked about Patch Tests. They sent me this information - so for Refectocil it is okay - doesn't have to be a Patch Test before every treatment. I have tried the tint and it is very good, so i'm going with them and switching from Beautiful Brows, so I don't have to throw away tubes every 3 months.
That’s great to know, thank you. Let me know how you get on with the tint 😊

I can’t stress enough that you must not use waivers (known as “hold harmless agreements”. They don’t work in the U.K. and pretty much label you as knowingly negligent. They automatically invalidate your insurance in the U.K.. A client cannot waive their rights.

I use appraise tint which is the deepest blue black I have found. I also like hairwell tints. Read the label inside carefully. After covid people are much more sensitive so the testing advice changed.

There are other ways you could handle this - if you have regulars you could give them their own tube to do their patch test at home and send you a photo. You are testing for PPM sensitivity, so for a patch test you don’t need the tube to be in date because PPM doesn’t change, it’s the colour stability that changes and loses strength so that’s the reason for having a fresh tint.

Activator needs to be fresh, I change mine at the beginning of each quarter to help me remember - Jan, March, June and September. I empty and rinse the bottle and it goes into recycling.

Latest posts

Back