Lash tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolita

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to add lash and brow tinting to my services, however when I have searched for brands, the ones I have found recommend doing a patch test before every single service. My insurance has a minimum requirement (before initial the initial service, after any changes in medical history, every 12 months and if I change brands etc) but also says that if stricter measures are recommended by the brand I am using, then I have to follow those. Some of my clients come from quite far away so won't want to make the same trip within a few days for every lash tint. Can anyone recommend a brand I could use or is this the case with all of them? If so, I would still appreciate any recommendations. Thank you.

In training we are taught you don’t need to patch test fir a follow-up appointment UNLESS you haven’t tinted for 6 months. So as long as they are regulars, haven’t had any health changes (such as covid) and didn’t have any problems or concerns after their last tint - you can just book them a tint without a repeat patch test.

I use appraise and I’ve just read their patch test requirements. It does say patch test before every appointment. You could try contacting them for clarification.

This old thread from 2017 suggests that appraise follow the training advice we are given (last comment). Lash and brow tint - patch testing

From an insurance liability perspective, if a client had a reaction they wouldn’t be able to sue the manufacturer for negligence because the manufacturer has stated that a patch test must be done 48 hours prior. They could sue you for negligence if you haven’t followed the manufacturer’s guidance. (I’m a former insurance broker).

In training we are taught you don’t need to patch test fir a follow-up appointment UNLESS you haven’t tinted for 6 months. So as long as they are regulars, haven’t had any health changes (such as covid) and didn’t have any problems or concerns after their last tint - you can just book them a tint without a repeat patch test.

I use appraise and I’ve just read their patch test requirements. It does say patch test before every appointment. You could try contacting them for clarification.

This old thread from 2017 suggests that appraise follow the training advice we are given (last comment). Lash and brow tint - patch testing

From an insurance liability perspective, if a client had a reaction they wouldn’t be able to sue the manufacturer for negligence because the manufacturer has stated that a patch test must be done 48 hours prior. They could sue you for negligence if you haven’t followed the manufacturer’s guidance. (I’m a former insurance broker).
Thank you for your reply. I was taught the same as you in training but from what I can gather, all tints are now stating that you need to patch test before every service. I obviously don’t want to go against my insurance so will have to ask for clients’ views about it to see if it’s worth providing. Thank you again 😊

I switched to Sienna X tint for this reason as they don’t require a patch test for every service. It’s really frustrating that most other brands seem to now require this - what client is going to want to come for a patch test in addition to their appointment for every visit?! Please see photo attached from the Sienna X website 😊

Attachments

• 11E59478-D527-49EB-BBB0-8B6F228F2577.jpeg
    11E59478-D527-49EB-BBB0-8B6F228F2577.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 0
I switched to Sienna X tint for this reason as they don’t require a patch test for every service. It’s really frustrating that most other brands seem to now require this - what client is going to want to come for a patch test in addition to their appointment for every visit?! Please see photo attached from the Sienna X website 😊
That’s great to know, thank you 😊

Hi there,

I think we are all going to be frantically checking the leaflets from our tint tube boxes. It's something that weirdly has changed and I thank you for bringing it up. I am definitely going to check with my insurers and see what they recommend.

Strictly professional data sheet says :- Patch testing should be completed prior to the first treatment and then re-tested after any lapse of treatment longer than 3 months.
RefectoCil product information says :- Patch test 48-72 hours before the first application as well as after long periods without tinting.

I think a lot changed through covid and a lot of brands had to change their policies accordingly. I m not sure if it helps but flirties recommends to patch test all new clients and those who have not been for an appointment for 6 months or longer which makes it a bit easier and more realistic x

Strictly professional data sheet says :- Patch testing should be completed prior to the first treatment and then re-tested after any lapse of treatment longer than 3 months.
RefectoCil product information says :- Patch test 48-72 hours before the first application as well as after long periods without tinting.
Thank you for the information, that’s great to know x

I think a lot changed through covid and a lot of brands had to change their policies accordingly. I m not sure if it helps but flirties recommends to patch test all new clients and those who have not been for an appointment for 6 months or longer which makes it a bit easier and more realistic x
Thank you. I can’t imagine clients wanting to come in for a patch test Bedford every service x

Latest posts

Back