Lash Tinting course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k8tie

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can do a lash tinting course, want to do lash extensions but need this under my belt first:rolleyes: . I'm a nail tech and just wantedto do something to add to my bow but cant seem to find any.

Pleeeease help

it's usually on the beauty therapy course, I think the Carlton school of beauty in Windsor may do it,

I am a mobile beautician it isn't that popular a treatment compared to something like waxing (for my clients, that is), but it is a good one to know. Have you looked on the internet for courses?

capital have some of these courses on their website
www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk under training, there are eyelash tinting and perming you can do separate or both on one day.

Prob is I need a course up north girlies

tinkywinky said:
it's usually on the beauty therapy course, I think the Carlton school of beauty in Windsor may do it,
Hi,

Tinkywinky is right. I did my eyelash perming course at the Carlton Institute. It's a bit pricey and a bit of a way from Wigan though so if there's somewhere closer..... have you tried the Ellisons academy? I think they are a lot closer to you (coventry), and their training is excellent.

do you have an ellisons near you?

Lily at elite holds hive courses www.eliteonline.co.uk

She is lovely pm her and she will help you out babes.

amb x

HIYA,
have a look at www.dazzlingdigits.co.uk.. Gillian comes to teach you at home.. I recently did a manicure course with her and she is really lovely.. she has a eyelash/eyebrow tinting and eyebrow shaping course for 95 pound (you have to buy your kit seperately) hth..

I have a question. Just a general question because I am curious.

Why is it that if someone does a nail course in the same fashion (i.e. day courses or distance ed/"non accredited" courses) that they are labelled non standard or a backyarder or some other negative name and yet no one seems to raise any concerns when the same is professed in the beauty profession.

To my mind, if you want to practice the art of tinting, waxing etc then surely one should do the right thing and attend an accredited beauty services/beauty therapy course, no?

Eyelash tinting requires time and effort, something that can be learned in a day but certainly not perfected in a day.

What's the difference?
I don't see any.

I have an answer!
Our courses are run by Hive, to Qualify for the course you have to be qualified within the beauty industry (hairdresser, nail tech, Masseur, aromatherapist, beautician etc.etc). Therefor you should have covered anatomy and physiology of the skin which is the hard part. What remains is the practical, though we still recap the A&P as well.

hi there
where abouts is wigam sorry if i have spelt it wrong.

the only reason i ask is because i know that the beauty academy does these courses or you could try elite.
or you could try capital hair and beauty
jo louise

you could try adel, theres one in leeds, one in doncaster, and i think theres one in preston (could be wrong though), they have all sorts of day courses running the eyelash tinting and eyebrow course are 55 quid each or 95.00 if you do them both in the same day

Little Tree said:
I have a question. Just a general question because I am curious.

Why is it that if someone does a nail course in the same fashion (i.e. day courses or distance ed/"non accredited" courses) that they are labelled non standard or a backyarder or some other negative name and yet no one seems to raise any concerns when the same is professed in the beauty profession.

To my mind, if you want to practice the art of tinting, waxing etc then surely one should do the right thing and attend an accredited beauty services/beauty therapy course, no?

Eyelash tinting requires time and effort, something that can be learned in a day but certainly not perfected in a day.

What's the difference?
I don't see any.

Hi Little Tree,

I wanted to respond to your question as a beauty therapist who studied with the Carlton Institute. They run a fully accredited beauty therapy course, and i am being assessed for an NVQ and IHBC qualification. They do not suggest that you can be qualified in a day, but teach you the practical skills to be able to practice and build a portfolio to be submitted prior to your formative assessment.

Please dont think that beauty therapists who follow this course are thought any better than nail techs - believe me, i have had a lot of hassle because of it. But, i have to work full time shift work due to financial responsibilities and it was my only option. I would never have left it at just the day course.

Latest posts

Back