Lash Tinting - why didn't it take?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zo Zo

Reaction score
Hello peeps, hope you can help...

I tinted some lashes today and the result was a bit pathetic

The client said she had had it done once before and it didn't take at all, but she wanted to give it another go

I used Refectocil black and made it up as I always do and left it on for almost 15 mins and although the lashes had changed colour, they were not at all good

Client is very blonde including her lashes, which are also very fine

I have noticed that fine lashes don't seem to tint as well as coarser ones (my own don't tint that well) but I wondered if there's anything I can do to improve the result, i.e. more peroxide maybe?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

hello zo zo
i always use salon system lash tint and i have never had a problem with it,
did you use a non oily eyemake up remover first to remove any traces of oil or make up?
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Zo Zo,

I had a case like this when I was training, and established after much questioning that the client had been applying a conditioning cream to her lashes. This was preventing both the tint and perm that i was attempting.

I would pose that could it be possible that perhaps an oily eye make-up remover or another type of barrier may be preventing the dye soaking into the cortex??

Thanks for your help girls but she doesn't wear make up or use products, and I did cleanse. I am sure it's the hair being so fine ?

Thanks for your help girls but she doesn't wear make up or use products, and I did cleanse. I am sure it's the hair being so fine ?
I have lots of ladies Zoe that have fine hair and tbh this really should NOT make any difference to the actual colouring of the lashes,obviously the results wont be as extreme as that of someone with fuller,thick lashes but here are some tips that I hope do help.

For a really dark lash use blue mixed with black(only a small amount compared to black),ensure no eyemake up remover left on the lashes,try leaving on a fraction longer than normal,i.e 2 mins extra.Ensure no vaseline has touched the lashes,make sure client not on meds(rarely makes much difference but it is possible)

It is a pain when they dont look anywhere near as dark as that of a client with fuller lashes but you should still see a difference from before and after.

I use the Combinal brand and can honestly say it is far darker than any other brand I have used before,been using it for 5 yrs plus now.Hth a little.:hug:

Last edited:
I have lots of ladies Zoe that have fine hair and tbh this really should NOT make any difference to the actual colouring of the lashes,obviously the results wont be as extreme as that of someone with fuller,thick lashes but here are some tips that I hope do help.

For a really dark lash use blue mixed with black(only a small amount compared to black),ensure no eyemake up remover left on the lashes,try leaving on a fraction longer than normal,i.e 2 mins extra.Ensure no vaseline has touched the lashes,make sure client not on meds(rarely makes much difference but it is possible)

It is a pain when they dont look anywhere near as dark as that of a client with fuller lashes but you should still see a difference from before and after.

I use the Combinal brank and can honestly say it is far darker than any other brand I have used before,been using it for 5 yrs plus now.Hth a little.:hug:

babs, where do you get that brand from?
as i never get a good result on my own lashes[which are fine too]
i put it down to the fact that they are fine and sparse that i see very little diffrence. both when other therapists have done them as well as when ive done my own.

Thanks Babs, as a matter of fact she is on meds... she is going away now for a month so I have asked her to let me do them again as soon as she gets back, so I will get some Combinal. I have always thought Refectocil is the dogs danglys for tinting but I will definitely try Combinal.

Susan I think you can get it in Sally x

it could be down to the natural lightness of her own lashes. in some cases where they are not as dark i recommend they come back in 3 weeks for a top up. tis builds the colour giving darker and longer lasting results.

it could be down to the natural lightness of her own lashes. in some cases where they are not as dark i recommend they come back in 3 weeks for a top up. tis builds the colour giving darker and longer lasting results.

I want to try this, unfortunately as she's now away for a month I can't do them again until she gets back

Yep you can get from Sally's the blue and black are not pre mixed so you buy each colour individually.HTH:hug:

did you mix the tint just before you applied it? If not, it might not take. Also, maybe check how old the tint and peroxide is.

Latest posts

Back