Lash tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ckkk

Reaction score
Im starting out in beauty everything i have done is fine except a lash tint i did my first person and she said it was stinging her during it, then also the next morning.
I then tried it on myself and it stung me too. Its refectocil so we werent allergic. I presume the tint is just seeping into the eye but how is this stopped cause i seem to be doin exactly what im meant to do. I put the pads under bottom lashes and they close there eyes and i paint the lashes down with the tint? Anyone know any way i could fix this?
Thanks

Instead of laying the client flat in the bed, have you tried tilting it slightly? This avoids tint running back into the client’s eyes. I also use peroxide cream instead of liquid as I find that helps too

Thanks ill try doing that

Instead of laying the client flat in the bed, have you tried tilting it slightly? This avoids tint running back into the client’s eyes. I also use peroxide cream instead of liquid as I find that helps too
I had something similar happen to my client yesterday… Vaseline under the eye and dampened pads but I’m wondering if the refectcil papers are getting close enough to the eyes. I personally don’t think they are comfortable either. I think tint is leaking inside the eyes… although my client said it always happens to her??? Personally I am considering trying out the silicone pads to see if they make a difference.

Im starting out in beauty everything i have done is fine except a lash tint i did my first person and she said it was stinging her during it, then also the next morning.
I then tried it on myself and it stung me too. Its refectocil so we werent allergic. I presume the tint is just seeping into the eye but how is this stopped cause i seem to be doin exactly what im meant to do. I put the pads under bottom lashes and they close there eyes and i paint the lashes down with the tint? Anyone know any way i could fix this?
Thanks
Thanks
Hi, I find trimming the rounded corners off the pads helps them to fit more snuggly (see pic). Also, avoid chatting to your client as their cheeks move and disturb the pads. Cover their eyes with cotton pads to help stop their eyes being so active. I always rinse my clients’ lash tint off as opposed to just using damp cotton pads - much more efficient and hardly ever causes stinging:

*remove excess tint with cotton bud
*remove pad
*ask client to tilt head to side (of eye removing first)
*place small towel on side of face, under eye, covering the ear
*place small bowl touching cheek, under eye and above towel
*use cotton pad to rinse water over the eye (dip in bowl, wipe over lashes, water runs back into bowl)
*have damp cotton pad ready to cover eye and soak up any remaining water
*repeat to other eye
*wipe over with damp cotton pads to check all tint is removed
*once eyes are open, ask client to look up and wipe along bottom lash line as some tint can still be remaining here

Sometimes, even just putting the Vaseline on can cause clients’ eyes to stream and cause tint to run into the eye. Some clients are just much more sensitive.

Lots of luck for your next tint!

Attachments

• 8EE47EA7-B8C3-4F8D-AA46-D0FF80C7A59B.jpeg
    8EE47EA7-B8C3-4F8D-AA46-D0FF80C7A59B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back