Lashes after laser eye surgery

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have a lady whose been told she has to have her lashes taken off for laser eye surgery, she then wants them back on 10 days later.
She called me today to arrange her appointments around this. I didn't even think til I just got home that I'm sure I have something on my consultation form about eyelash extensions and laser eye surgery but I can't remember what it is and I don't have a copy at home.
Does anyone know the rules regarding this?
My client told me the eye clinic said she can have them on a week later.
I'm not really sure actually if she can. My insurance company is now closed til Monday.
Wondered if anyone had come across this before and what they did? Thankyou X

Hi ladies,

I have a lady whose been told she has to have her lashes taken off for laser eye surgery, she then wants them back on 10 days later.
She called me today to arrange her appointments around this. I didn't even think til I just got home that I'm sure I have something on my consultation form about eyelash extensions and laser eye surgery but I can't remember what it is and I don't have a copy at home.
Does anyone know the rules regarding this?
My client told me the eye clinic said she can have them on a week later.
I'm not really sure actually if she can. My insurance company is now closed til Monday.
Wondered if anyone had come across this before and what they did? Thankyou X
I have had laser eye surgery and I would recommend that it is an absolute No for lash extensions for the at least next 4 weeks. My eyes were extremely blood shot, and the corneal flap is still healing for the first 2 weeks. During that time she will not be able to get her eyes wet, wear make up or run her eyes.

I would allow an extra 2 weeks from that for healing but she's a fool if she thinks she can have her lashes back on straight away. She'll be on eye drops for 4 weeks so personally Inwouldnt treat until healed xx hope that helps xx

Ok thankyou.
Do you have any ideas what I could say? Shall I just say my insurance won't allow me for 4 weeks, she's my most demanding client and I know she will argue that her surgeon has said its 1 week. Argh dreading it now!

Ok thankyou.
Do you have any ideas what I could say? Shall I just say my insurance won't allow me for 4 weeks, she's my most demanding client and I know she will argue that her surgeon has said its 1 week. Argh dreading it now!
Yes I'd say that, she is stupid to risk her eyesight for lashes

Check with your insurance company. They are the only ones who can tell you what you policy will/will not cover. You can then advise her accurately and I'm sure she will appreciate you taking the time to check xx

My insurance company has no rules of set times without lashes!
All they said is I need a doctors/surgeons note from her so I know she's Definately OK to have them done.
She said she's only on eye drops for 5 days after surgery.
If she brings a Drs note in then I'll have to do them, my insurance has no rules and if her surgeon says its ok...
It's just personally I would not agree with it so near after surgery but I know nothing about laser surgery so I'll have to go with it! X

If your not happy doing them so close after the surgery after what your insurance has said I would still tell her to leave it at least four weeks n just tell her insurance says that that way insurance can't go back on what they have said either and the eyes have had time to heal a bit

I've had laser eye surgery and as said up thread, it takes a good 4+ weeks for the cornea to heal. I can't believe that any consultant would be willing to sign a letter saying it's fine for her to have semi permanent lashes attached so soon after surgery.

Just tell her No. The risk of infection is too great.
You're in a service industry but that doesn't mean you have to compromise your own personal beliefs and professional standards.

I bet she changes her mind about the lashes after she's had her eyes done as they'll be sore and dry for a while. I was using eye drops for weeks afterwards.

I had her in a couple of days ago and said I need the doctors/surgeons note.
She reckons she's having some kind of surgery that heals in a week.
I told her what SallyGirlJojo said pretending it was a clients story and she started asking what kind of surgery she had & was it done locally etc! She wants an answer for everything! I was tying to get the point across that I think it's too soon.
She is so obsessed with lashes and controlling I've even agreed to go to her house to do them in the morning on a day I don't work so she "doesn't have to go back to work without lashes"
This woman gives me stress levels beyond belief (I've done a thread about her before)
She never takes no for an answer and the fact that I don't work Monday's didn't come into it as I live "In the next village"
I can't pass her onto anyone else unless I basically die or give up lashes [emoji52]. She wont have anyone else do them.
Kill me now!!!

I
This woman gives me stress levels beyond belief (I've done a thread about her before)
She never takes no for an answer and the fact that I don't work Monday's didn't come into it as I live "In the next village"

Blimey!
I could understand it slightly if she'd donated her left kidney to you and you felt an obligation towards her but jeez. She's clearly one of life's users.

You have got to stand up to her and keep repeating

'No, that doesn't work for me'

Act like a Politician and don't engage in answering any of her questions or attempt to justify your refusal.

So, if she asks why or tries to reason with you, repeat 'No, that doesn't work for me'

Do Not insert the word 'Sorry' because you have nothing to apologise for.

You're not beholden to her. Seriously, what's the worst she can do?
Definitely stop saying yes and start saying NO and don't back down.

It's very liberating when you finally do it, I promise. :)

I'm going to throw a party and you're all invited [emoji12]
My client came in last week and said "you were right-my surgeon has said I have to wait at least 4-6weeks before I have my lashes back on"
I nearly fainted!!! So she does actually follow some peoples rules then!
I've decided if she can wait that log she can also wait to have them on a day that I work.
Thanks ladies for all your help, and just thought I must update you all!

Haha, nice. Glad to know that you got it sorted out. Actually, even I was worried about my eyelashes prior to my Lasik surgery and had even booked an appointment prior to my surgery. Things went well for me. I had my lasik done near my place. Even though they said I could do it after a month, I went for my eye lash extensions only after 8 weeks to be on the safer side.

[edited to remove advertising link]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to throw a party and you're all invited [emoji12]
My client came in last week and said "you were right-my surgeon has said I have to wait at least 4-6weeks before I have my lashes back on"
I nearly fainted!!! So she does actually follow some peoples rules then!
I've decided if she can wait that log she can also wait to have them on a day that I work.
Thanks ladies for all your help, and just thought I must update you all!

I’m glad you stuck to your instincts and other people’s advice. She is sooo vein that if she had stuck to being like that she could have caused herself horrendous infections and possibly permanent damage to the eyes. She is definitely a life’s user and she needs to wake up before one day she makes another light hearted decision that could change her life. Good on you for seeking the advice and sticking to your guns. I know it’s not easy with demanding customers but you did the right thing this time.

Latest posts

Back