Lashes - downside to pre fanned Russian volume lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring86

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I qualified in individual lash extensions a couple of months ago and have been working on models since to build up speed and technique. I am now feeling confident and ready to take paid clients!

I bought some pre fanned Russian volume lashes as I thought about offering these to clients as well. I would advised clients these a pre fanned compared to handmade Russian volume lashes. Apart from the pre fanned lashes being very pricy they look really good, I have tried applying some on fake lashes and are effective.

What I wanted to know if anyone had experienced any downsides to using pre fanned Russian volume apart from price?

The ones I bought do not has a knot of glue at the bottom, they are seamless so don't look bulky when applied to the natural lash

Thanks
:)

I've found that with pre made fans the retention is not as good. X

I've found that with pre made fans the retention is not as good. X

Oh really? That's a shame, do you not use them then? How long do they last?

I've been thinking of getting pre fanned , do you have any pictures of what they look like on a full set ? Xx

I am also interested in this. I tried some from lash fx but they were so expensive xx

Pre fanned lashes are already glued, adding more glue makes them very heavy on the natural lash. Unless the client has very healthy and strong lashes (maybe not even then) could cause damage to their natural lashes. Russian volume is a skill, I don't think any quick fix wold compare to be honest x

I've been thinking of getting pre fanned , do you have any pictures of what they look like on a full set ? Xx
Hi, I haven't done a full set with them, I just tried applying a couple to fake lashes.

I am also interested in this. I tried some from lash fx but they were so expensive xx
Yep, they are really expensive, I spent £15 on a pack of pre fanned and would definitely use all of them during a set so not cost effective at all

Pre fanned lashes are already glued, adding more glue makes them very heavy on the natural lash. Unless the client has very healthy and strong lashes (maybe not even then) could cause damage to their natural lashes. Russian volume is a skill, I don't think any quick fix wold compare to be honest x

Hi, I am definitely not looking for a quick fix nor was I try to sell the service as Russian Volume, like I said in my post I would like to give the option of a fuller look to clients who want it but as I can't do Russian volume I thought using pre-fanned lashes would help to create that.

From what you've said you've only just qualified in individual lashing really you need to concentrate on them before moving on to Russian/volume why try to run before you can walk?? If you use a short lash intermingled with your individual lashes you can make them look nice and full. Plus if you don't know what your doing with pre made fans you can do damage to natural lashes [emoji2]

From what you've said you've only just qualified in individual lashing really you need to concentrate on them before moving on to Russian/volume why try to run before you can walk?? If you use a short lash intermingled with your individual lashes you can make them look nice and full. Plus if you don't know what your doing with pre made fans you can do damage to natural lashes [emoji2][/QU
I think I'm going to try and experiment trying a few on a model I'm working on next week, not sure how long they will last or how they'll look but I'll keep you posted on how my experimenting goes! x

What about putting pre made fans in with a classic set to thicken them up ??? Has anyone tried this?

What about putting pre made fans in with a classic set to thicken them up ??? Has anyone tried this?
Did you try this?

Did you try this?
I sometimes make my own fans and pop in between a classic set on lashes that are a bit too small and it looks nice just adds a bit of glamour

Latest posts

Back