Lashes falling out same day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachofsunshine

Reaction score
Hi there, I’m new to this but hoping maybe it will help me feel a bit better about things

I recently trained to be a lash tech with KG salon, probably about three or four weeks ago and I’ve been doing clients ever since using the KG glue and have had no complaints so far

Today I did a brand new client and used a new glue, an ardell individual lashes one, I believe it’s called lashtite? It was advertised to me as a glue for extensions anyhow! The lashes looked great and I was happy, however when my client went home she messaged me and all of the lashes have come out, although she insists she has not touched them

I don’t understand? Have googled the glue and it’s all good reviews but I’ve never had this problem before and I didn’t do anything differently other than that. It’s left me feeling a bit shocked and upset as my first bad review. Anyone have any experience or ideas?

Edit: also thought I might mention just in case it’s relevant, but I tinted the lashes beforehand if this could affect it?

Last edited:
It shouldn't affect the adhesion as long as you prep the lashes properly, however I personally would do the tint a couple of days before just in case the tint product reacts with the adhesive.

Hi there, I’m new to this but hoping maybe it will help me feel a bit better about things

I recently trained to be a lash tech with KG salon, probably about three or four weeks ago and I’ve been doing clients ever since using the KG glue and have had no complaints so far

Today I did a brand new client and used a new glue, an ardell individual lashes one, I believe it’s called lashtite? It was advertised to me as a glue for extensions anyhow! The lashes looked great and I was happy, however when my client went home she messaged me and all of the lashes have come out, although she insists she has not touched them

I don’t understand? Have googled the glue and it’s all good reviews but I’ve never had this problem before and I didn’t do anything differently other than that. It’s left me feeling a bit shocked and upset as my first bad review. Anyone have any experience or ideas?

Edit: also thought I might mention just in case it’s relevant, but I tinted the lashes beforehand if this could affect it?

Lashtite is more of a party lashes glue. Like you would use on clusters to apply for a special occasion. It never lasts and when I was in makeup I stopped using it in place of duo strip adhesive as they just fell out. For proper individual extensions you need a professional salon brand. I think the one I used back in the day was Lash Emporium.

Latest posts

Back